Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I've also had check engine light come on 2 times. Shut it down and restarted 2 'in later. Still on. So I drive slow back to truck and after 1 mile it turns off. Talked to dealer - but they are clueless. It's so new they have no idea what the hell to do.
Should be able to pull the code from the dash. Should be a procedure in the owners manual. Pull the code and post it on here

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
For the guys having shifting issues;

Pop the clutch cover off, remove the belt and grip the Center collar (two way bearing) between the sheaves of the primary clutch that the belt rides on at idle. It should turn freely forward and backward by hand.

If it does turn freely, install the belt and observe the primary while you have someone start up the machine with the clutch cover off in park. The primary sheave should not move at startup and idle. Observe that the primary is fully disengaging while you have someone rev it a bit and let it return to idle. Also on the older Mavericks they idle lower in Eco mode and sometimes that would help return the primary to fully disengaged position if you did have a hanging sheave issue. Hanging sheave is caused by a bad/weak primary spring or sticking/bad bushing on the primary moveable sheave.

As for strange noises through the clutch intake, that is not unusual as any mud guy with a snorkeled bike will tell you. Once you smoke your belt a couple times it will really start talking to you.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Per the clunking noise. I was going to say say bar. I don't have the X3. But mine has plastic holders that holds the rear sway bar. The plastic broke on mine. If you have a few hours on them. Do a bolt check!! Especially on the sway bars

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
My clutch tries to engage a little bit too when in neutral if I give it some gas. Was really hard to get out of low once too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't hear a clunking from the front, but all my videos have a clicking loose sway bar link noise. I have my go pro type camera attached to the left roll bar. After the talk about the sway bar noise, I checked mine and the bolts shown in the picture above holding the bar to the frame were tight. The top nut on the actual link was loose only the top nut that goes through the sway bar. The right side was fine.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The primary clutch was Torqued down to tight and the bearing was damaged. Need to talk to guys at Ridenow Peoria as they had to fix one of my friends cars.
Tell me how over torquing the primary clutch can damage the bearings ??? I'm not seeing how that's possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Tell me how over torquing the primary clutch can damage the bearings ??? I'm not seeing how that's possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. And on a side note I'm at 500 miles and mine is shifting a lot better I will probably dump the fluids soon and that might help even more

41 - 60 of 580 Posts