Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

561 - 580 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Last weekend I was adjusting the rear shocks on my 17 RS and noticed my tire was moving around a bit, so I jacked it up and my wheel was really loose, I thought it was my lugs but it was my middle radius bar. The bolt had come loose on the wheel side, but luckily the nut was still on. Make sure you check your suspension bolts periodically! Other than this and a blown belt this machine has been a blast and very reliable for over 600 hard Glamis miles.
Can you attach photo please of the bolt that needs checked? Just want to make sure I checked them before this week's trip!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The center plate stock is another problem area. The holes are over size that allows the rods to move around. CT and other after market out fits all make HD bake plates with tight holes. Also better radius rods that are adjustable that allows you to adjust the toe in and camber. I went with CT on the hole set up and love it.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
You may want to check your spark plugs. My car was loaded with anti-seize and it was on the electrodes. Causes mis-fire codes and the car to go into limp mode.

Kind of a pain in the ass to get to the spark plugs. You have to remove the intercooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: canamk

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Snapped my front sway bar in half at 2100 miles. It really sucks without one when you drive fast in the dunes. The car leans too much and the nasty clunking the shocks make when the fully extend is not right.

View attachment 165866
wow, bummer. Did an impact cause this or it just happened?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My strap broke, rivets are still solid.
I don't own an x3 yet so I'm not sure how these straps mount but I would suggest possibly replacing them with suspension limit straps, they come in many different lengths or you can have them custom made from Crow and they are very affordable.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
wow, bummer. Did an impact cause this or it just happened?
Just happen. We were on a dune run and he heard a noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I don't own an x3 yet so I'm not sure how these straps mount but I would suggest possibly replacing them with suspension limit straps, they come in many different lengths or you can have them custom made from Crow and they are very affordable.
not a bad idea, the rivet just tears the strap. Its not an if, its a when. Horrible design unfortunately

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does any one else have a problem with their drain plugs weeping oil? I cant get mine to stop, bolts are tighter than I like to go and both have new crush washers. I made sure to get all mating surfaces as clean as possible.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
you sure its not just oil in the belly pan after the oil change mess

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
you will need new washers/gaskets
they come in the oil change kit the dealer sells

·
Registered
1 Posts
The X3 is a great machine, but it's new and it will have some issues no doubt, so this will be a great place for us to gather them.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Maybe he lives in a place where they just came out...the moon!!…..Lmao!!

561 - 580 of 580 Posts