Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey was thinking about ordering these China x3 knock offs on ebay. Has anyone done this and do the x3 headlights fit without modification to the mav trail? Dealer said they're close to shape. The signature lights are the same they say but can't say on headlights mounts an wiring different they said...anyone tried this my trail is 2021 base 800 model. One guy on here n0rseMN has pictures of it. I messaged him to see how it went. To me they look the same as a maverick trail...

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
My MavT headlights are not shaped like that at all. Mine are longer. 2020 Model

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can am sells the “LED” upgrade lights ... not sure where you live “didn’t even look” but here in Canada... it’s an $800+ touch. I have the 2021 Commander XTP on order... same lights as a mav trail/sport. XTP is the only model that has the LED headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can am sells the “LED” upgrade lights ... not sure where you live “didn’t even look” but here in Canada... it’s an $800+ touch. I have the 2021 Commander XTP on order... same lights as a mav trail/sport. XTP is the only model that has the LED headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah my dealer said it's not worth it to buy there partners Baja design as the price was still $725 in wi . Found a member who did this back in early 2019 I pm him

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
Yes the x3 headlights and signature lights are the same as the sport and trails. They do bolt in, but you have to build a short harness that combines the separate low beam and high beam connectors to plug into the led headlight which uses a single three pin connector. Fortunately they use common GM connectors. You’ll need four 2 pin Weatherpack connectors and two 3 pin Metripack connectors.

As for the China made headlights, they work, they fit, but the plastic they molded them in is pretty brittle, both sides broke where the adjuster screws thread in. Ended up using some epoxy and setting them in permanent where they needed to be lol. That’s the only complaint I’ve had with them

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the x3 headlights and signature lights are the same as the sport and trails. They do bolt in, but you have to build a short harness that combines the separate low beam and high beam connectors to plug into the led headlight which uses a single three pin connector. Fortunately they use common GM connectors. You’ll need four 2 pin Weatherpack connectors and two 3 pin Metripack connectors.

As for the China made headlights, they work, they fit, but the plastic they molded them in is pretty brittle, both sides broke where the adjuster screws thread in. Ended up using some epoxy and setting them in permanent where they needed to be lol. That’s the only complaint I’ve had with them
Thanks for your comment. Do you happen to have a picture of how your lights are wired in? Also did you buy yours off Amazon?

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
My apologies, you need four of the H11 connectors, NOT the weatherpack, I bought weather pack connectors for a different project at the same time lol. But yeah this is how the harness will look

also attached the connectors I used. And yes I got the headlights off of Amazon

*also not sure why they describe the metripack as a female, but you need a male connector with female terminals

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
Awesome appreciate it! So just connect positives and negatives together of low an high beams
I update my post above, I don’t have it together today apparently lol. Correct connector is in the last pic.
But yes connect the grounds together, then the low beam + circuit goes in one terminal, the ground in one terminal, and the high beam + in one. This is how mine is laid out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks pretty simple. Your machine looks very nice. Must be the one on the Amazon review with sport roof with vent kit. How is the light out put on these?

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport
25 Posts
Looks pretty simple. Your machine looks very nice. Must be the one on the Amazon review with sport roof with vent kit. How is the light out put on these?
Thank you! I forgot that I actually reviewed them, haha lots has changed on it. It’s good, not nearly as focused as I’d expected, but huge improvement over the halogens it came with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts