Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i understand you can program the keys any way you desire performance/limited
but
can you (dealer) choose (DEFINE) the specs?

reasoning is I'd like to give my son :devilish: the (limited) key & would like to define his limits

mostly to protect my car! LOL :ROFLMAO:

secondly is the stealerships only have access to this software / hardware interfacing with the car? or can this function be purchased by joe go fast?

thank you!

picture of my current ride - going DS rr soon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL yeah but that requires a 200k setup in tow vehicle & trailer to handle additional hardware :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
the sport key does set the max speed of the learners key
how to do it is in the manual

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
90K truck capable of towing the weight safely

110K toy hauler capable of fitting 2 SxS

rough estimate - just asking a question regarding if parameters can be changed on key programming - nevermind

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
Holy hell...someone's fancy...

I got a dodge 3500 diesel for 12500 and toy hauler for 10000.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
Regarding the keys I don't know but I'm sure you can get a dynojet pv3 and ask dynojet to send you a really slow tune.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Regarding the keys I don't know but I'm sure you can get a dynojet pv3 and ask dynojet to send you a really slow tune.
WTF, a new tune ? Why not the key programmed? Seems simple and cost effective.

O.P. I know the dealer can do it like you said. Maybe see if you can find what SkidooChris suggested and let us know how that turns out. Tim

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
My trainer key came programmed for eco only and 55 for top speed (xds r) Same performance as our rangers and defenders, lot more stable. Even after a stage 2 tune she’s still tame on the trainer key.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
lol. You want our snowmobile trainer keys then. They do 15 mph with them. Pretty funny seeing a 150hp sled just creep around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he gets pissed when "he" doesnt get to drive! he has been on motorycles since age 2 but this SxS stuff is a new toy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you trick it into thinking the seatbelt wasn't buckled? Unlplug the harness somewhere so he's buckled in but the ECU thinks it's not. I think mine will only do 12mph without being buckled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could you trick it into thinking the seatbelt wasn't buckled? Unlplug the harness somewhere so he's buckled in but the ECU thinks it's not. I think mine will only do 12mph without being buckled.
That’s an idea! Similar to the Honda talon. I have an obscure switch I flip that overrides the seatbelt connection severely limiting the performance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts