Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
So many options to choose from in the drop down box. What would you recommend for someone like me? I plan to run a stage 2-3 tune. I run both 32" paddles and 32" dirt tires however my dirt wheel/tire setup weighs 2x my paddles (28/29 lb paddles vs 58/59lb knobbies. I run anywhere from sea level to 5k ft elevation.

As you can see lots of different variables for one machine. Can one clutch tuning option cover all of these? Im not looking to make clutch changes when going between dune or dirt setup. Right now with stock clutch I am pulling big dunes in the 7k-7200 RPM range.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
So many options to choose from in the drop down box. What would you recommend for someone like me? I plan to run a stage 2-3 tune. I run both 32" paddles and 32" dirt tires however my dirt wheel/tire setup weighs 2x my paddles (28/29 lb paddles vs 58/59lb knobbies. I run anywhere from sea level to 5k ft elevation.

As you can see lots of different variables for one machine. Can one clutch tuning option cover all of these? Im not looking to make clutch changes when going between dune or dirt setup. Right now with stock clutch I am pulling big dunes in the 7k-7200 RPM range.
Kinda my scenario too. 103lbs with 31.5" paddles and prolly 200lbs with 32" dirt tires. Obviously I'd like to clutch for the paddles since sand will be my main concern. Don't need to flat foot throttle much at all in the dirt and trails. I am interested in clutch machining along with weights. And the proper clutch tools

from the dunes

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yep dune riding is definately more balls-to-the-wall than the sometimes technical trail/dirt/rock riding where I also use low gear a lot

·
Premium Member
7,003 Posts
This all seems a little unorthodox. I know when I do business with a clutch tuner, I expect things a certain way.

I expect to leave at least 6 voicemails, 6 emails, then start a thread to send up a Bat signal. Lets be honest we all know that's the right way to do this. This guy comes along and has a website that you can order from and I have heard SEVERAL guys say they called and spoke with the guy without giving the secret handshake and NO Bat signal!?

How can he be a real clutch tuner and conduct business this way?

I am keeping my eye on this guy.................You just cant come along and change the way things get done!

Tim

·
Registered
853 Posts
This all seems a little unorthodox. I know when I do business with a clutch tuner, I expect things a certain way.

I expect to leave at least 6 voicemails, 6 emails, then start a thread to send up a Bat signal. Lets be honest we all know that's the right way to do this. This guy comes along and has a website that you can order from and I have heard SEVERAL guys say they called and spoke with the guy without giving the secret handshake and NO Bat signal!?

I am keeping my eye on this guy.................You just cant come along and change the way things get done!

Tim
That's pretty funny.... because it's true:)

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Once I am done with performance and weight mods, its time to get to clutching. You will be hearing from me Kris, sorry I missed you when you were in Moab, I heard nothing but good things.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Tim
Tim, Tim, Tim......LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sent you a few messages but maybe posting it here will help save you some other folks asking the same. If we send you the clutch for true up does that include springs and weights are two separate packages? If separate what's the cost for a complete rework (true up and clutch kit)? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts