Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
We didn't notice much noise at all coming from the clutches with our kit installed. The noise for us came from the heat shield most of the time, which is so loud it's sometimes hard to hear anything else.
x2 on this for me - I've gutted the cat so I may be able to get away with header wrap instead of heat shields. If I can figure out which heat shield is making the noise, its gone.

Clutch on mine does make a TON of noise - comes up through the intakes and into the airbox right behind the driver's head.

·
Registered
638 Posts
x2 on this for me - I've gutted the cat so I may be able to get away with header wrap instead of heat shields. If I can figure out which heat shield is making the noise, its gone.

Clutch on mine does make a TON of noise - comes up through the intakes and into the airbox right behind the driver's head.
X3! The heat shield rattle is driving me nuts!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey guys, full clutch kits in stock and ready to ship for the X3. Sorry about the delay, but everything is now ready to go!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The big improvements we noticed was more consistent pull through rpm range, and it picks up rpm higher and faster. The back-shifting was better and throttle response was faster. It pulled harder right away and still hits top speed and rpms. Engagement sat at about 2100-2200 with the kit, vs. the 1700-1800 stock. The kit pulls up to 7300-7600 rpm very fast, and then climbs to 8200-8300 when you accelerate to top speed, which for us was 86-87 mph. We saw good belt life with the kits as well, and we were running with our severe duty belt for a lot of the testing. We saw good results with the stock belt and with our severe duty belt, so either can run good with the kits.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts