Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is our new video of a clutch kit being installed in the X3. The video shows taking apart the clutches, installing the new parts, and putting it all back together. The video also shows the necessary tools to get the job done. Hope the video helps out!

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
I like the holder and also the primary puller. I built the compressor for my Rzr and can make a few tweaks and it will work for the X3

Matt

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yup like i said. Dont need governor puller. Been taking apart edrive clutches this way for many years. They disassemble the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup like i said. Dont need governor puller. Been taking apart edrive clutches this way for many years. They disassemble the same way

Yes governor puller is not necessary on the X3 to break the primary apart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great video, will be looking for your kit when its out, do you sell the tool that holds the two clutches together for assembly and disassembly?

Unfortunately we don't sell that tool. We us the Can am tool that they sell. I'm not sure about an aftermarket one, but the Can am part# is 529036428

·
Registered
756 Posts
Unfortunately we don't sell that tool. We us the Can am tool that they sell. I'm not sure about an aftermarket one, but the Can am part# is 529036428
I see in the video how the primary comes off , how does the secondary come off after removing the bolt ? Can you pull it off by hand ? Or do you need a clutch puller ? Or does it come off the same way the primary does ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I see in the video how the primary comes off , how does the secondary come off after removing the bolt ? Can you pull it off by hand ? Or do you need a clutch puller ? Or does it come off the same way the primary does ?
Thanks in advance.

Remove bolt. Slides off splines.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The complete kits will be available in the beginning of August, so we're still a little ways out. It will hopefully be a little bit sooner than that, but I don't know for sure yet. Belts and tools however still in stock if anyone needs those things. I will post an update here when I get a for sure date. Thanks for the patience with the kits.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks easy enough to do at home.

Most important question for me - does it quiet the clutch down at all?
We didn't notice much noise at all coming from the clutches with our kit installed. The noise for us came from the heat shield most of the time, which is so loud it's sometimes hard to hear anything else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We now have clutch springs available for the X3. There is one primary spring and a couple different options for secondary springs. They are in stock now, and I will post an update when the full kits are available.

·
Registered
274 Posts
We didn't notice much noise at all coming from the clutches with our kit installed. The noise for us came from the heat shield most of the time, which is so loud it's sometimes hard to hear anything else.
Can you specify witch heat shield you think is the culprit for all the noise?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts