Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,813 Posts
While I don't have the schematic in front of me, figuring it out should be simple with either a test light or meter. Turn on the ignition and test the wires, one will be hot which is battery and the other goes to the lights. If there is a third wire it probably is ground. It's basically a simple switch. If you don't mind me asking, are you doing a mod or are you having issues?

· Registered
31 Posts
Nice chase light.

Don't know if this helps or not...
On the exterior, rear cab wall, in front of the right-rear tire, there is a three wire weather pack connector (WPC) in the OEM wiring harness.
I built a tail/stop jumper harness for a third brake light on the trunk box. I connected the brake light wires into the car at that WPC connection.

Looking straight into the female end of the WPC, with its locking lug to the left:
Top pole is ground
Middle pole is positive/tail
Bottom pole is positive/stop

The wire colors were not visible.

· Premium Member
59 Posts
I purchased a plug-n-play connector for my chase light from DZ. After the fact, I seen on the drivers side, in front of the rear tire there was a two wire connector in the main harness. I didn't check it but I assume it is a connection point for the factory chase light bar brake connection.

· Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Copy that. Thank you. I had my cage side wired at Madigan and the ran all of the wiring down through the a post so i am trying to connect it upfront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
15 Posts
I just installed LED whips and wanted to wire it so the turn red when I press on the brake, so the hunt for the illusive brake light wire began. I ended up finding it in the main wiring harness that runs down the middle of the machine, it is the white wire with an orange stripe on it. Hope this helps anyone in the future, took me awhile to figure out where the wire was.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Electrical wiring Wire Auto part Cable Close-up

· Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know which whip brands support this feature?

I assume they operate as normal, and have an override to trigger full red when braking and resume when released?
I went with Gorilla Whips due to reviews and they are made in the USA, they have several different controllers, some of which support the brake light, turn signals, and reverse light. When you hit the brake pedal the LED whips turn red, otherwise they function normally (ie whatever you set them to do).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts