Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EMP bad company X DS Max 4 door roof noisy

I ended up going with EMP and got their two piece roof made from aluminum. I ended up adding car grade rubber around the top to help with the noise. The foam they sent was half of what is needed and I feel the foam is part of the issue. So we went on a 30 mile slightly bump sand wash trail and the noise drove me nuts. Something had to change. Not sure if EMP has really tested these in dessert ridding ? Anyhow has other max rider found a good roof that isn't $900 oem? EMP says sorry no returns. Wow I paid for something that didn't work and am told its my issue. I will not order anything from this company and I recommend others to support others that know what service is.
Also the heat becomes a issues as well now. I wish there was a roof that didn't make noise and had a vent on it. Who ever has one I'll buy it. We need something smart like this

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ended up going with EMP and got their two piece roof made from aluminum. I ended up added car grade rubber around the top to help with the noise. The foam they sent was half of what is needed and I feel the foam is part of the issue. So we went on a 30 mile slightly bump sand wash trail and the noise drove me nuts. Something had to change. Not sure if EMP has really tested these in dessert ridding ? Anyhow has other max rider found a good roof that isn't $900 oem?
Also the heat becomes a issues as well now. I wish there was a roof that didn't make noise and had a vent on it. Who ever has one I'll buy it. We need something smart like this
wish I had read this before I ordered. I really hummed and hawed between emp and ct. Basically for me it came down to shipping but maybe I should have paid the extra freight...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smoke if you do instal let me know if you have the issue? I will tell you the foam they send isn't enough

·
Registered
128 Posts
Smoke if you do instal let me know if you have the issue? I will tell you the foam they send isn't enough
So I got my roof on Friday and it came with the wrong hardware pack..... grrrr. Ended up making my own. used canopy foam around the roll cage and clamps and bolts from the local store.. shes solid now but I kinda over tightened and bowed in the roof a lil.
i'll get a better picture later

maverick 6.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I sent Pictures in to them they say everything looks good. Well that's nice cause I can't stand the noise. They say sorry no returns. What I learned EMP is old school and hasn't learned that service is 50% of the business. No return! Well They have their money and I have a product that doesn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts