Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I WILL NOT PART THIS OUT. IF I DO, THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE PARTS THREAD.

Second, please READ this very carefully. I may have missed something, but most information is here. Read before asking please.

After a mild rollover at WITC a few weeks ago, this thing needs some repair. All plastics, rollcage, radiator, front bumper, and rear support brackets need to be replaced. The quote from local dealer was exagerated a little in an effort to exceed it's value, but it didn't need enough work to get there. The frame is not bent.

My insurance company is paying out on this, but it is NOT totalled. I will still have a clean/clear title at the time of sale.

Here are some options that will be on it when sold:
OEM QE front diff with less than 50 miles. It was installed on the day before the rollover.
SuperATV power steering
Viper Elite 4000# winch with billet fairlead, wireless remote, push-button switch, and synthetic cable
Blingstar doors - drivers door will need a little work
Low Range Sport Mode

Here is a link for pictures:
Maverick Photos by jonyb1 | Photobucket

There's a video in that link that shows the machine running, and also shows current hours and mileage. Mileage is 550 at time of video. The machine will start and run, but the radiator was pierced by the front bumper, so it only "lot" drives as they call it. It can be driven on trailer or around shop, that's the most I've done. There are no other mechanical issues at all.

Asking price is $7500. If that sounds high, add the cost of the extra parts included and you've got less than $5K in the machine.

I'm located in Paducah, KY. That's 2 hours North of Nashville, TN, 4 hours South of Louisville, KY, and 3 hours East of St. Louis, MO. Delivery available under 500 miles for $1.50/mile. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required before the machine is loaded on trailer if a deal is made.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry man…hope everyone was OK……are you going to get another Maverick?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah man hate to hear that, hope everyone's ok. Sent you a pm

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one was riding with me when it happened, and I was buckled in, so there were no injuries.....

I'll probably get another Maverick, but need to move this one out first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, But I'm courious. . . .You mensioned the insurance company is paying out on this, does that mean they are going to pay for all the repairs ?? If they are, wont it be fixed to original ?? Or are they paying you the value of the repairs, and instead of fixing the one you got, your going to pocket the money, sell your mav "as is" and get what you can get for it, and put the combined money towards a new one ??? again sorry if I sound stupid, just trying to figure out how this works in case this happens to me. . . .thanx

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for my ignorance, But I'm courious. . . .You mensioned the insurance company is paying out on this, does that mean they are going to pay for all the repairs ?? If they are, wont it be fixed to original ?? Or are they paying you the value of the repairs, and instead of fixing the one you got, your going to pocket the money, sell your mav "as is" and get what you can get for it, and put the combined money towards a new one ??? again sorry if I sound stupid, just trying to figure out how this works in case this happens to me. . . .thanx
Why does it matter? Did you register a new membership just to come on here and ask that question? This Maverick is for sale as is, if anyone is interested, I'll be glad to PM my phone number so you can call for more information.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why does it matter? Did you register a new membership just to come on here and ask that question? This Maverick is for sale as is, if anyone is interested, I'll be glad to PM my phone number so you can call for more information.
I guess you missed the part that says sorry, just trying to figure out how this works in case this happens to me. . . .but if you did have a serious inquiry, everybody can see the type of person you'll be dealing with. . . .

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it happens to you, contact you're insurance company. They'll compare the value of the machine to the price of the repair. There are reasons I want a new one, none that are because of how it's wrecked or what part of it is repairable. Those points are irrelevant to the conversation.

If I have a serious inquiry - about someone trying to make a decision about buying this Maverick - I'll answer it the best I can, and back it up with pictures if it's requested. BUT, to ask personal reasons such as you did - that are irrelevant to the sale of this machine - I won't answer. I don't feel I need to air my personal finances out on this board.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So basically you're committing insurance fraud!

You're right it's no ones business what you do financially, but to come right out and claim that you're taking the $$& from insurance and selling the machine in it's wrecked condition is pretty shady in my book.

Good luck with your scam I mean sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm thinking why would someone buy this for that amount. The damage that you can see could cost 5k, then there almost certainly is damage that cant be seen. total cost to repair is close to what some guys can buy a new 13' for. too risky in my book. Your better off parting it out and starting over with a new machine.

Reactions: Chappy227

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey, I'm just glad to hear you were not hurt. That's straight up number one in my book, and if this happened to me I would be a little sore myself but just cause I had a bad day at work doesn't mean I get to come home n take it out on my family. So Jonyb this sucks for sure but no reason to be like that it. It makes me not want to ask around to see if maybe someone I know would be interested, that's all man

By the way if u don't wan any questions asked DONT POST IT IN AN OPEN FORUM :shocked:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey, I'm just glad to hear you were not hurt. That's straight up number one in my book, and if this happened to me I would be a little sore myself but just cause I had a bad day at work doesn't mean I get to come home n take it out on my family. So Jonyb this sucks for sure but no reason to be like that it. It makes me not want to ask around to see if maybe someone I know would be interested, that's all man

By the way if u don't wan any questions asked DONT POST IT IN AN OPEN FORUM :shocked:
The mere fact that they responded so defensively to the question says even they think their doing something shady. Otherwise they would have just anwsered the question and keep moving.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry you guys don't like my comments. I answered all questions about the machine, like I said.

The insurance company issued a check for the repairs. Ive decided that I don't want it, and will not repair it.

Insurance fraud would be willingly crashing it, to cash in. They're not paying me enough money to have put myself in harms way.

That said, the machine sold this morning. Mods, please close this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.