Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
When the aftermarket makes full exhaust systems (header all the way back) without cats. It will definitely give it a HP bump! You will just need a Power Commander to program it for the new fuel ratios.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Heat maybe but depending on the cats if they are high flow it wont make enough difference and then might throw codes etc if you cut them out. Im sure once we get some delivered people will experiment. The two muffles look exactly like the ones i had on my first 800'rene and i know there not the highest flowing

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hopefully some aftermarket exhaust comes out quickly after launch. I'm not a big fan of the converters but correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any sensors past the converters. Hopefully the sensors are pre of the converter

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought I read or heard somewhere on their specifics that the Maverick was set up running a little rich, to help in cooling. Should be just a tad more power just giving it a little more "free" air, "if" its rich across the board and adding a Hayden fan temp control. Wouldn't be much of a problem to do some exhaust readings with an air/fuel gauge.
What say?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im sure we will need more than a power commander to remove cat. its probably going to throw a code like it does on car.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Can Am I hear can do a quick tune to turn the HP up to 125HP like flipping a switch. They usually detune there machines then as the competion turns theres up they beat them by a few extra HP. Im sure this will be the same way.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Im Going to Firebird to test ride one today cant wait.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Well I drove both the base and the X model Mavericks today on the little course they had on the Lucas race track at Firebird. The Base model Suspension is setup way to stiff on the one I drove but thats an easy tune. The Power is good and a real linear powercurve as Im used to with the Rotax motors. The X model had all the Goodies like doors,Gps,Stereo so I turned it all on and Fiddled with it and its cool. The Suspension on the X is Way Softer and worked good. Not sure if that Visco lock was always working or not,the track got watered down and it was a Slippery bastard and it was fun pitching it sideways and I thru it in 2WD mode real quick once and Stood on the gas throwing mud everywhere and launching it sideways off one of the jumps which Kinda Pissed the Guys off and they yelled at me to slow it down, mean while while they were on my Ass My friend Chris Skyed his real good and he thinks the mavericks a great SxS to. . We also played with the XP900s they had there too. back and forth runs and the Difference is real noticeable that we liked the Mavericks Better for Sure. I might go back out this weekend for another Run. LOL take a wing man for distraction and one of ya can get crazy with out Pissing off the Man. LOL.

Reactions: onefitrn
1 - 10 of 10 Posts