Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wrapping my exhaust head pipes and noticed a few problems

first the vent hose for the transmission was routed way to close to the rear head pipe and burnt in half.

this is a pic of the hose I re routed. It looks closer in the pic than it really is, the other was about an inch away from the head pipe
oops 1.jpg

second, the wires inbetween the gas tank and the engine were rubbing the block, one of the wires was already showing some ware. I just zip tied them up off the block.

oops 2.jpg

maybe not a real big deal but worth checking out. Im not sure what the small wire went to but if it started shorting out while I was 20 miles away from the truck I would be pissed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for the heads up . Will check mine out tomorrow .

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i cant recall the name of it, but i bought some real good heat resistant hose from ebay and put on my commander and it never melted again. wish i knew its name. it was good.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i cant recall the name of it, but i bought some real good heat resistant hose from ebay and put on my commander and it never melted again. wish i knew its name. it was good.
well think think lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Benzo, go over to Hosepower at I17 and Deer Valley area and telll them what you need. They usually reel ends that are too short to sell cheap if not free in most cases.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
well think think lol
Mercedes Benz Parts department sells a black fiber heat resistant tape they use on their automobiles. It is double the size of a standard roll of black electrical tape. About $11.00 a roll, but does a fine job. Worth it IMO!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ok cool thanks for the heads up guys !!!

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts