Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but this thing is so damn sexy I just had to start a new thread! This Plastidip seems to be a little bit addicting! Lol! I had one more side panel to do, so I figured why not do the hood also. And, WOW! What a differance it made!!!
Here's a couple pics of the first coat, which look like crap. The second coat looks better, and so on and so.
here's a pic of the third coat
And this is my masking job

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks awesome! I bought a base version and a big part of that decision is I did not like the black and yellow mix of the X, but you took care of that. Again, looks great!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks good i was thinking of doing the same !

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Use herculiner and you dont have to worry about it coming off.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I love the all black and yellow suspension look.

FYI, i talked to a commander owner in Glamis over new years and his commander was painted ornage. He said he had to take a torch to the plastics to evaporate the "mold release agent" that canam uses when making the panels. Dont know if its true or not.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man that's awesome! I'm on the f150 forums and them guys love it. A lot of guys with chrome wheels swear by it. They'll plastidip the wheels for added protection against pitting in the winter time and then peel it off come spring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks good...i like the solid black look...i had ordered a roll of black 3M wrap earlier in the week and going to try that route...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I agree. I wonder if that stuff comes in red?
Sure it does.. ACE Hardward.. Lowes etc have it in a spray can... it also comes in a can where the lid comes off.. which you can use a brush or as the name implys.. just dip your tool, etc in the can. If you go online- there are companies (like www.dipyourcar.com) that sell a whole of colors and sprayers etc.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts