Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up my Comm installation by permanently installing my headset extension cables to the panel behind the seats and above the console. Now all the comm cables are completely hidden except for those on the headset themselves. Looks very clean and I prefer having the cables mounted behind me so they aren't flopping around.

DSCN1268.jpg

Also cleaned up the stock cage by removing the 'safety' plates covering the gussets at the front corners. They do make a nice grip to enter and exit the car and I plan to make sure no one holds onto them while riding. I don't think anyone will use it as a grab if a roll over occurs. Lots of cages have these and I'm sure CanAm just covered them because of the lawyers.
Also removed the mounting tabs for the safety nets. I've hit my head on those things for the last time!

DSCN1270.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
are the wires protected from the heat under there and back there?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the wires protected from the heat under there and back there?
I think they'll be fine since for the most part they are right next to all the other wires that are routed to the battery but that is something that I'll be keeping an eye on. The only place they are exposed they are simply hanging in free air so that should help keep them from getting to hot. I think if the battery can take all the heat back there all the wires should be fine.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cool !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad you posted a picture of your harness bar. I have a windscreen but seeing how you mounted yours should do the trick. didn't really want to cut the screen to fish the harnesses through. My credit card is about worn out but I would like to have a bar.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Glad you posted a picture of your harness bar. I have a windscreen but seeing how you mounted yours should do the trick. didn't really want to cut the screen to fish the harnesses through. My credit card is about worn out but I would like to have a bar.

u can mount the harness bar on the further back bar also and loop it forward

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those aviation units?
I think you're talking about the headsets, yeah, they are. I had to solder on new connectors since they had a helicopter style UH174 or something. I basically fell into them and they are way overkill for UTV but man are they sweet at cutting the noise and comfortable.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Those are DEFINATELY going on the list!

oh ya talk to your passenger listen to your music and talk to other sxs's and muffle all the nonsence going on around u, lol

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ya talk to your passenger listen to your music and talk to other sxs's and muffle all the nonsence going on around u, lol
Only difference was when I had this system in the Teryx it was because that car sounded loud and crappy, Maverick actually sounds good and I like to listen to it some.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
oh ya she does sound good i like the rotax sound

1 - 14 of 14 Posts