Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Wiring

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jknapier 
#1 ·
I bought the warn 4500 winch. Had to buy seperate wiring harness. It does not look complete. Is there any vids on end to end wiring in these things? IE battery to bus to winch? Thanks!

Reactions: ssanders65
#2 ·
Did you buy the Can Am wiring harness? If so it's pretty much meant to go with a Can Am winch. The winch and the wiring harness are separate and they way they split items up between the 2 is kind of weird. The switch comes in one box. Other parts in the other box. Can't remember the details exactly.

Your best bet might be to put in a Can Am winch part # into BRP instructions. And work through it that way. See what items you have and which ones you don't.

That's one reason I just went with a Can Am winch. Didn't want to be screwing around piecing things together. One trip to the store and done.

#3 ·
SideXEach lists the correct answer below. I purchased the Warn 4500 winch, the winch wiring harness for the X3, and used the instructions I found at the instructions.brp.com website (I believe that is the right site) to get everything wired up. It takes a couple of hours, but the instructions got it done.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ondavid
#6 ·
IF your Warn winch is the Axon than the relay is built in to the winch. My 5500 Axon was super simple. Power and ground from battery or bus bar to side of winch. Mount the remote socket under the glove box cover where there is a hole to mount it. If not an Axon than you have to find a spot to mount the relay and all the BS factory wiring to hassle with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.