Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has got to already be a thread on this. I cant find it. I'm looking to wire my LED bars to my brights.

OUTLAW LED makes a wiring harness that supports a 40 inch a and two others.

I need their wiring harness and not the light bars. Has any one been sucessful building their own or something similar? where did you buy the plugs? or did you wire right in?

·
Premium Member
6,946 Posts
Get a Weather pack connector kit and you can make your own harness.

I didn't watch the whole video, but use a relay and sigal from the brights.

Tim

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Get a Weather pack connector kit and you can make your own harness.
I didn't watch the whole video, but use a relay and sigal from the brights.
Tim

That's how I have it wired on my truck, it's pretty simple. And with just using the hi-beam signal to turn on the relay you'll never overload anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm running an Auxbeam 42" X series bar that has "running lights" as an option. Have the running lights triggered off the main lights (low beams) and the main light bar off of a panel switch. Just probed until I found the line that comes on only when the key switch is to the "lights on" position, used that to trigger the relay for the running lights on the bar.

It is an awesome bar, BTW, for the money. Very clean light output (nice and focused, not just throwing light out in any direction), and the filters/diffusers come in really handy. Running diffuser on the edges and keep the spots in the middle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just use a relay. Diagrams are easy hook the switched 12v pin to the 12v brights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,946 Posts
Here is the pin out, the top 87 is used for the device you want to turn on. The lower 87 should be labeled 87A , which is used if you were using the relay to turn a device off.

Pin 30 is your 12v power, typically from the fuse box or battery as long as it's fused.

In your case 85 just goes to ground and pin 86 is a 12v signal from your high beams.

FYI, you could use a switch and either pin 86 12v positve or pin 85 12v ground could be switched to provide a signal to turn the relay on. Screenshot_2017-09-04-07-50-13.png

·
Registered
88 Posts
made my own and wired my green leds to my high beams. so far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts