Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm in SWPA. I ride some outlaw trails and ride parks. Also I like to ride in MI. and WV.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can any of your guy's camera's be used like a continues rear view mirror?
Yes, I needed I just leave the app running on the tablet and it's always on...the cam itself is always running once the app is opened it displays.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can any of your guy's camera's be used like a continues rear view mirror?
Goairborne, Yes, the app I use "EVI WiCAM" allows you to view as well as record still photos and video of all the action going on behind you. I use it to check on members and family in our ride group to see how they're keeping up and sometimes I record video of certain trail sections to share with them later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How much time does it take for the picture to pop up on your ipad when you turn on the app? I'm thinking you will want a GPS trail app running most of the time and then maybe switch over to the camera when you need to back up on occasion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much time does it take for the picture to pop up on your ipad when you turn on the app? I'm thinking you will want a GPS trail app running most of the time and then maybe switch over to the camera when you need to back up on occasion.
It's almost instantaneous with the Camera-Source/EVI WiCam app. I have my GPS app (Motion X) running but it shares screen time with my Go Pro app and the EVI WiCam. If my son is riding with me, then it's movies or music on the screen and playing through our Rugged Radios helmet speakers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Below is the camera I'm using. I have it plugged into a wifi transmitter which links to my 10" iPad. I wired the camera/transmitter power to a rocker switch which I mounted in front of the cup holders, using the 12V accessory tap (only on when vehicles running) that CanAm so conveniently placed there in the center console. Therefore my switch only has power when the machine is on, and the camera only has power when it's switched on. I did that so that I can leave it on while I ride to watch behind me. Only need to flip back and forth from GPS app to Camera app. It honestly works better than I thought it would!! Below are the links to the products I used. Made for a VERY clean install. Oh, and I mounted the transmitter to the inside of the air filter cover to keep it out of the elements, even though it's supposed to be weather proof.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZD31J1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Youmei-Backup-Realtime-Transmitter-Andriod/dp/B072Z478JV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509716829&sr=8-3&keywords=rear+view+camera+wifi+transmitter
(this isn't the exact link to the transmitter I got as I only paid $20...couldn't find the link tho)

https://www.amazon.com/Stark-Laser-Etched-Rocker-Switch/dp/B01IU408NG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1509716929&sr=8-3&keywords=rear+view+camera+atv+switch

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been digging through options here. The camera source setup looks nice but way pricier than just getting the components off Amazon. Is the video quality on the camera source setup still VGA (640x480)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been digging through options here. The camera source setup looks nice but way pricier than just getting the components off Amazon. Is the video quality on the camera source setup still VGA (640x480)?
nvm just found something saying it’s 600 TVL (roughly 728x492)

probably not worth the massive price difference as the components can all be found on Amazon for less than 100 bucks for that resolution.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there a system or way for iOS that could mimic OEM systems operation?

ie, a microswitch could be used to activate the camera and automatically change back and forth from Current app to Rear view?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a system or way for iOS that could mimic OEM systems operation?

ie, a microswitch could be used to activate the camera and automatically change back and forth from Current app to Rear view?
I’m currently attempting to find something that may work for this with my ipad. I think I can use the shortcut automation tooling to fix something up for opening the app automatically. We shall see once I get all the equipment what will work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts