Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, under the drive side on the fuse box there is 2 wire harness plug things, one is in a while holder the small one

and the big one is unplugged but there is a spot for it,

is that to give power to the winch ? or there is another wire harness plug deal under the hood center of dash u can see it when u look thru the cowl hole in the center of hood, whats that also ?

thx !

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
dunno, when you find someone in the know ask them about all of the wires behind the center panel and the plugs at the passenger front shock tower.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dunno, when you find someone in the know ask them about all of the wires behind the center panel and the plugs at the passenger front shock tower.
Yep, I added some switches and pulled the center panel off. There were some loose plug ins in there. I would have to think they are sharing harnesses.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wheres the best place to tap into power with out going to the battery , for a rugged radio ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Behind the dash is a plug that has a cover on it with red and black wires. It is a switched plug for accessories. The sport low harness that I bought plugs into it. I saw the same style and color plug by the fuse box. Prolly a switched accessory also. And I'm pretty sure the one in front is for a winch. You could look at the top of the line Commander, it has a factory winch, and see if it uses that plug. Just like all modern vehicles, they use one harness for all models.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where have u or where do u plan to tap into power ? i was hoping to make it easy less wires to tap into one of those wires or plugs behind dash , u think that be ok ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I haven't pulled the center panel on my Mav yet. But on My Commander the winch wiring for the switch was behind the panel & for the winch contactor was by the passenger inner front wheel well

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't pulled the center panel on my Mav yet. But on My Commander the winch wiring for the switch was behind the panel & for the winch contactor was by the passenger inner front wheel well
can i use that for a power sourse?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts