Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Windshield

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  mnitram 
#1 · (Edited)
Which type of windshield setup works best for dust? Full or half. Is a top a must have along with a rear window to make the setup up work? A local guy here makes a mesh type top that I am interested in getting but really want a setup to avoid being covered in dust. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
1/2 gets pretty dusty on the inside. At least I can still see over the top of it. I was supprised how well the 1/2 deflects the wind too.

#4 ·
winshield will always be covered in dust, no matter how its designed. For eff sake its Maverick and it driven off road mostly.

if you are concerned about dust, just do what desert racers do and wear a full face helmet with a skirt and a Parker Pumper. Thats the only way.

#8 ·
Thanks for helpful post. I'm not worried about the windshield being dusty. But I do think there is an efficient way to lower the amount of dust coming into the car which would make the boss happy when she goes. That is what I am trying to figure out here.

#7 ·
I was wondering the same thing...

My RZR was horrible with the canvas roof and 1/2 windshield! Where we ride in NV, there are some pretty good silt beds that within 5 mins you are covered in 1/4" of dust. Take the screen off and you leave it all behind you at speed.

I got the rear windscreen for the Mav as well hoping that would help a little.

#9 ·
I found that a full windshield along with a roof and a hard poly rear window work the best for keeping the dust out. I also don't ride in the sand only on the dirt, so not sure if this will help you out. They do not offer a hard poly rear window for the maverick but, was told that the one for the commander will also fit on the maverick.

#10 ·
they make a soft rear window I believe. Not sure if that would help or not

#11 ·
Will the Kolpin Can-Am Commander Full Tilting Windshield fit the Maverick ???

If not whats the difference ????
Is it something that I can modify ???
If it is only a little trimming I can handle that... But if it is too small to begin with its a bust ( can't be modified )...

#14 ·
The half windsheild suprised me at how well it worked, then I put on the roof and now it is like a damn wind tunnel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.