Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has a winch set up with the turnkey front skid plate? It doesn't look like its going to work with how high the skid plate comes up.

I was thinking of modifying the skid plate and installing the roller fairlead in it, but it looks likke the plate is too thin and would get damaged if I do that. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one has this combo yet...

I'm going to install the winch tomorrow so I'll follow up with modifications I had to do to the skid plate. The skid plate looks like it will protect the winch pretty good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be sweet! You would have to put some thinker reenforcment where the fairlead would be though. I would be sceptacle to add one to your skid plate with the thickness it is now. Don't get me wrong it does fine for what it is designed for now... I just think without a brace it would bend the skid plate on those nasty angled pulls. I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It worked. I just had to drill a couple holes in the bracket for the fair lead and mount it about 1.5" higher. I also redrilled holes in the skid plate where the torx bolts go. Also had to bend the skid plate a bit to get the main bolts to fit. The winch plate bolts to the bumper with with A u bolt looking thing and isn't an ideal fit for the skid plate. I'll post some pics when I can get to my computer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a few pics of the turnkey skids with my winch. Took a little extra time to modify the winch, but well worth added protection.

uploadfromtaptalk1365626497535.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365626683756.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365626706858.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365626726573.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brp factory winch mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts