Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, just picked up my base maverick last week. Iraq upgrade I'd like to purchase is a winch. I'm just curious what people have been doing outside of the stock option. It's pricey and I was wondering what is out there that is aftermarket. Maybe I only have to buy the adapter plate and find some other winch option. And also what the sizes have people been installing. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought a moto alliance viper 4000 lb. I had to drill new holes in the BRP winch plate to make it mount and had to change the fair lead for the 6 inch. One thing to watch out for is the type of winch. I ordered the viper max which has the bolts that hold it together all the war across the winch. I had to grind the bumper to make it fit. I would buy one that the bolts only span the spool width.

·
Registered
541 Posts
We offer Viper Winches from Motoalliance. The Elite 4000 is the most popular model for 2 seat machines.

PM for details

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
24 Posts
as someone stated already the winch mount plate doesnt fit the normal winches without some modification, the plate is meant for wide spool winch only so if you dont want any mounting hassles then buy a widespool winch. Motoalliance (makers of viper winch) contacted me about this and they are working on a mounting plate as we speak, not sure if it is a direct plate or just an adapter though so there will be that route to go soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts