Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an OEM winch mounting plate from the local dealer. I also picked up a Viper Elite 4000 winch from a vendor on here. Those 2 don't work together. The winch mounting plate and fairlead is smaller than the OEM mounting points. First off, I don't want to drill anything, even if I did, the fairlead won't work and I'd have to buy another one.

So I'm left with 2 choices:

1. Return the OEM winch plate and buy an aftermarket one to accomodate the winch. If that happens, who makes a good one? Should I get a front gusset support winch mount? Any better ideas?
2. Return the winch and get a bigger one. Will the Viper Elite Widespool work with the OEM mount?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM is mounted on the front bumper. Bumper is removed, everything mounted, then bumper is reinstalled.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does, thanks for posting. Is the Wide Spool any better than the standard 4000#? What's the advantage? I got the winch from Devious Chris and I think he's gonna help me work it out, I'd rather not go through the hassle of sending one back for another if it won't be worth the difference.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The difference in the elite and elite wide spool is the amount of synthetic rope . The wide spool has 65 ft of rope the elite is 40 ft .We have had good success with the EMP mount ..

Tyler , Devious PowerSports
I had dealt with Chris on this, and purchased them through you guys. I'm waiting on a return email from Chris on this. Thanks for the post here though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm using the stock front bumper.

Tyler, Chris had already emailed me once this weekend and I replied. I really wasn't expecting anything back until today anyway - we're good either way, I'm sure you guys will work it out for me :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered an EMP winch mount from Devious, I'll post up a pic here after it's all installed for reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts