Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an OEM winch mounting plate from the local dealer. I also picked up a Viper Elite 4000 winch from a vendor on here. Those 2 don't work together. The winch mounting plate and fairlead is smaller than the OEM mounting points. First off, I don't want to drill anything, even if I did, the fairlead won't work and I'd have to buy another one.

So I'm left with 2 choices:

1. Return the OEM winch plate and buy an aftermarket one to accomodate the winch. If that happens, who makes a good one? Should I get a front gusset support winch mount? Any better ideas?
2. Return the winch and get a bigger one. Will the Viper Elite Widespool work with the OEM mount?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where are they mounting the factory ones? I looked at it everywhich way to built mine. I did end up have to drill one hole in a diff mount brace i dont see a lot of options. radiator is to low for cable to go under it and put winch behind !

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM is mounted on the front bumper. Bumper is removed, everything mounted, then bumper is reinstalled.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have done a lot of research on this very thing today to make sure I got the correct parts. It is my understanding that the factory mount is designed to work best with warn. I bought the viper moto alliance 4000 lb. I purchased the extreme metal products mount because it works with both warn and viper, and the wide spool setup.. Just my 2cents...Hope this helps.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does, thanks for posting. Is the Wide Spool any better than the standard 4000#? What's the advantage? I got the winch from Devious Chris and I think he's gonna help me work it out, I'd rather not go through the hassle of sending one back for another if it won't be worth the difference.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The difference in the elite and elite wide spool is the amount of synthetic rope . The wide spool has 65 ft of rope the elite is 40 ft .We have had good success with the EMP mount ..

Tyler , Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The difference in the elite and elite wide spool is the amount of synthetic rope . The wide spool has 65 ft of rope the elite is 40 ft .We have had good success with the EMP mount ..

it looks like they just broke everything down for you by the facts, That is a good post.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I had dealt with Chris on this, and purchased them through you guys. I'm waiting on a return email from Chris on this. Thanks for the post here though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the upgraded OEM Front bumper with the alum. skid plate on it. Just purchased the OEM mounting plate. Does that mount to the front bumper also. Jonyb are you using the stock front bumper are the upgraded one like I have. And still not clear if I can make the Elite widespool work? That is the one I would like to purchase. HELP before I buy a winch.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm using the stock front bumper.

Tyler, Chris had already emailed me once this weekend and I replied. I really wasn't expecting anything back until today anyway - we're good either way, I'm sure you guys will work it out for me :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The elite widespool 4000 or elite 4000 and emp mount will work on the maverick with the stock bumper ,the oem aftermarket bumper I am not sure on since I have not tried with that bumper but the mount uses 3 u bolt clamps. Really need to compare the bumpers please post for comparison.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought the canam upgraded bumper with their winch mount and my wide spool 5000 lb viper elite mounted up with no issues! Fits perfect!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered an EMP winch mount from Devious, I'll post up a pic here after it's all installed for reference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the upgraded bumper and the emp mount is not wide enough to mount to it. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do now. Thinking about welding wider sides on so I don't lose my money on it. What do y'all think I should do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts