Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about adding a winch. Out of all the side by sides I have owned, I have never bought a winch because someone was always with me to pull me out if i got stuck. I am thinking now it may not be a bad idea to buy one. I dont know much about them at all. All I do know is I want synthetic rope on it. Are their any particular brands or pulling pounds that I need to be after or do they all work the same? Im just looking for a lesson on what to buy.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I got the 4500lbs warn winch. Synthetic of course. Haven't needed it for myself but pulled out a few commanders.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
dude…I gotta ask….what the heck is your Avatar???? I looked at it a hundred times and think I know what it is but I gotta know…something tells me I am gonna regret asking

·
Registered
103 Posts
My viper elite wide spool 4500 lb winch comes in tomorrow. I liked the wide spool since it comes with 65 ft synthetic...I was torn between warn and viper but ended up with the viper. I have a lot of friends that have vipers and they are still going strong several years later. Also, I got the viper for about $200 cheaper than the warn I was wanting.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted the dealer and they tried to sell me on all brp products. Whew that quote was high

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
dude…I gotta ask….what the heck is your Avatar???? I looked at it a hundred times and think I know what it is but I gotta know…something tells me I am gonna regret asking
lol.....lol..... Take 3 guess.. I'll give you a little hint, if you were a girl looking down...

just keep looking at it....you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ha Ha! I could see it, but took me a bit!!
To the OP, I here some people like T-max winches. But I've never own one. But won't hurt to look into them

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
lol.....lol..... Take 3 guess.. I'll give you a little hint, if you were a girl looking down...

just keep looking at it....you'll figure it out.
OK, I see cleavage and tiny feet….or if I turn it around, it looks like a butt crack and well…you know.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
OK, I see cleavage and tiny feet….or if I turn it around, it looks like a butt crack and well…you know.

Some big ole fun bags! You got it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went with the Elite Viper 5000# standard width. Has a remote and fits on my Alex Reed front bumper like a glove!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts