Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
What about the dash switch? Is the one that comes with it like the factory ones or are they smaller? If it is smaller does it still fit into the dash correctly?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The switch that came with my 4500lb Superwinch is a handle bar mounted switch for a quad. Just go to the dealer & get the factory rocker switch for a Commander & the harness behind the center console will plug right in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
If my dealer stocked any such items I would do that, lol. It's completely usesless to try and do that aroud here, I'll have to order said switch and get assraped on shipping. LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even though the Maverick is pre-wired for a winch, I am guessing that if you dont get the BRP brand winch then you have to splice the wiring in to get it to work? I am looking for the cleanest install I can get on this

·
Registered
150 Posts
Even though the Maverick is pre-wired for a winch, I am guessing that if you dont get the BRP brand winch then you have to splice the wiring in to get it to work? I am looking for the cleanest install I can get on this
Check out my install... It went awesome !!!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thats for the hand held remote. The Commanders have the hand held remote plug in the glove box and that plug is the connector for it. If you have an aftermarket winch you will either need the other end of the connector for the plug wiring or cut the connector off thats in your hand & splice the hand held remote plug wiring into it. Some on here have found the water tight connectors on e-bay.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thats for the hand held remote. The Commanders have the hand held remote plug in the glove box and that plug is the connector for it. If you have an aftermarket winch you will either need the other end of the connector for the plug wiring or cut the connector off thats in your hand & splice the hand held remote plug wiring into it. Some on here have found the water tight connectors on e-bay.
Or could I just disregard it... And use the switch only or does this have to be hooked up to complete a circuit?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've been busy but I'm not worrying about remote either. Hopefully this Sunday i'll get a chance to get mine wired up.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I went ahead and wired remote up in factory location too. Work great and i used Superwinch Terra 3500 looks like a nice piece and for 230 cant be beat... The wiring is a perfect fit for the Maverick if u run strsight up the middle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to hook my remote up for that very reason as well. Can you provide a quick reference to which wires go to which connection? I am assuming that the three wires in the harness somehow end up going to the three wires that are off the right strut support that go to the relay box. I just haven't had time to figure out which wire is which to get the remote working along side the dash switch.

Thanks

41 - 60 of 72 Posts