Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to have the dealer do it, but they are far too high.... So I plan on buying the rt-40 at summit and the bracket from whomever can supply it the cheapest via the web and installing amsteel on it before install. Those things I can do. What I'm not sure about is the pre-wiring of the maverick and/or the switches inside. Does the factory use a rocker switch like the others on the dash, or do they just use the warn rocker switch and mount it someplace?

What about the power wire, solenoid bracket, etc, etc. Anyone done one yet?

JC

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im sure its just like a commander except for maybe the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im pretty sure from what ive read the factory includes the switch for the dash but you can get a nice switch for the factory location from anywhere ie utv inc. You also dont have to get a warn, plenty of other cheaper and just as good choices out there. Go to the commanderforums.org and read up on the hundreds of winch install threads and you should be alot more informed. Also dont forget alot of these forum vendors give forum discounts if you buy from them, just to save alittle more money.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thats looks like a good one and a good price too. I dont know for sure if it would fit but I dont see why not.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And honestly the 3500 version of it would also work for what I do, and is a few lbs lighter, which I like since it's right on the front. I wonder what plate I'd use, the can am one for the warn, or if I'd have to make one...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Motoalliance.com. They are awesome.

Stiff

Tapatalk using iPad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed a winch on mine, It is prewired for the dash switch. I bought a factory type switch and the plug for it is zip tied to the harness inside of dash. The pigtail for the Remote plug is also there and the glove box has a place to mount it. The relay wire is zip tied to the top of the radiator bracket in behind the Right Front Shock.
I bought a BRP bracket as no one else has anything yet. My Commander was pre wired the same way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I installed a winch on mine, It is prewired for the dash switch. I bought a factory type switch and the plug for it is zip tied to the harness inside of dash. The pigtail for the Remote plug is also there and the glove box has a place to mount it. The relay wire is zip tied to the top of the radiator bracket in behind the Right Front Shock.
I bought a BRP bracket as no one else has anything yet. My Commander was pre wired the same way.
Do you have any pictures? Would love to see them...What kind of winch did you use?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't suppose you took any pictures? :)

Which winch did you use?

·
Registered
468 Posts
715001699.jpg
Is this the bracket you used from BRP ? And what winch did you install ?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just bought the winch mount plate and RT40 Warn winch, When I do the installation, I'll do a write up on it and post pics. It'll be next week before I can do it though

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks good!!! Thanks for posting pix.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts