Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my winch, and I had read a few posts about people having issues with the two bolts on the bottom of the plate. When I removed mine I put the torch to them to heat them up, and the six bolts on the bars in front, and the bolts came right out with no problem. I also did them by hand, instead of an impact. Just thought I would share, in case it saves someone the headache.

I also put in a Viper elite winch. I had thought about the Harbor Freight route, but with the Viper for a little more I got amsteel instead of wire in my choice of color, a wireless remote, a dash switch that matches the Can Am switches, a mounting plate (didn't use), a rubber winch line stop, all the wiring, a snatch block, and the wide spool matched the holes on the Can Am plate. They have metal gears, a decent warranty, and I got a 4500 for $350 with free shipping. Yep, it's made in china, but I can't think of any brand winch that I haven't heard people having problems with. I don't work for them, just letting people know about another winch brand.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,325 Posts
It's only the 2 bottom bolts to worry about only the have rivnuts.

Another good thing to do is put anti seize on those 2 bolts. Have to replace that winch cable at some point so they have to come back out again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other six bolts come out a lot easier after a little heat, not for worrying about rivnuts on them, just making it easier to turn them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No need to be burning your powder coat off for the other bolts. They are not that tight at all.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I just said heat them up, not melt them down. Pedantic much?
No, but I can be. My woman can take them off with a 3/8" ratchet with no heat lol.

Did you heat the bolts? Or the welded nuts the bolts go into?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but where did you get your winch?

Nate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts