Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to figure out what winches exactly fit the bolt pattern on the 2020 maverick trail 1000 dps.

Obviously the warn winch fits from the Can Am website.

What else fits? These websites aren’t great at listing the bolt pattern for the winch and hawse fairlead.

Thanks, Nate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses.

I measured the factory holes on the winch mounting bracket again. It’s hard to see the holes to get that measurement accurate.

The hawse fairlead is 6”

The winch mounting holes are 3” x 6 5/8”ish or 6.67”, not 3” x 4.87” which is a lot of other winches bolt patterns.

The Viper Elite, Superwinch Terra, Super ATV and a few others.

A lot of them want you to use a mounting plate which makes no sense to me.

Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
456 Posts
Thanks for your responses.

I measured the factory holes on the winch mounting bracket again. It’s hard to see the holes to get that measurement accurate.

The hawse fairlead is 6”

The winch mounting holes are 3” x 6 5/8”ish or 6.67”, not 3” x 4.87” which is a lot of other winches bolt patterns.

The Viper Elite, Superwinch Terra, Super ATV and a few others.

A lot of them want you to use a mounting plate which makes no sense to me.

Nate

That's probably because there is pretty much no standardization in the UTV market unlike automotive and the winch kits are "universal".

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Harbor Freight Badlands 5,000 lb winch fits perfectly and the money you save on it can be wasted on other items for the money pit. Love my HF BD winch and modified their wireless remote (for larger winch) to work with it and I'm now cable free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the responses.

I purchased the Viper Elite. It had all of the items I was looking for in a winch.

Wireless remote, synthetic rope (which I got to pick the color) and a rocker switch for the dash.

Plus a friend of mine has one and talked highly about it.

It’s also a Minnesota company, which is where I live.

Thanks again, Nate

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Harbor Freight Badlands 5,000 lb winch fits perfectly and the money you save on it can be wasted on other items for the money pit. Love my HF BD winch and modified their wireless remote (for larger winch) to work with it and I'm now cable free!
Did you use the ZXR 5000? I want to make sure I get the right one and HF is famous for switching stuff for slightly different models.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you use the ZXR 5000? I want to make sure I get the right one and HF is famous for switching stuff for slightly different models.
Thanks
I will answer my own question after the install. The ZXR 5000 fits fine but the supplied fairlead bolt holes do not line up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts