Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Canam Maverick X3 XMR RR
263 Posts
If you are looking at the Zillas I would recommend the Mega or even the monster mayhem. I had Zillas on my grizzly. They were a good overall tire but were a bit squishy in turns and gave a poor feedback. Sidewalls had problems on quads so I figure it would be a bigger issue with the added weight of these machines.

I thought about getting the 30" monster Mayhems or even 32" Mammoth Mayhems but settled for the 30" Roctane HD. I wanted a tough sidewall for beating around on rocks and hill climbs.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The swamp liters suck IMO.. They clog up and don't clean out very easy. If ur wanting a good all around tire go with the blackwaters.. Best tire I have run

·
Registered
350 Posts
Biggest problem I've had with the zillas is mud in the bead, other then that no complaints. I also run blackwaters. Love them and they're tough as hell but they don't have the same performance in the mud. The zillas on the other hand have shitty high speed performance, but that's not what they're designed for. As a result I have a set of 30in zillas on SS212 rims and 30in blackwaters on SS216 rims to switch with the seasons.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm looking closely at getting some 30x9x14 inch Zillas for winter / spring riding. Lots of nasty mud holes on the trails (cannot avoid) in the spring here.
Anybody using these tires out there? Are you still happy with them?

Or maybe Monster Mayhems instead..... but they are heavier and I do like having a responsive suspension and brakes too.

And I am thinking 9xWide for all 4 corners ("skinny" setup). Or should I go 11xWide for all 4 instead?
What is the logic for using different vs same width tires, front and back? And skinny vs fat?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm looking closely at getting some 30x9x14 inch Zillas for winter / spring riding. Lots of nasty mud holes on the trails (cannot avoid) in the spring here.
Anybody using these tires out there? Are you still happy with them?

Or maybe Monster Mayhems instead..... but they are heavier and I do like having a responsive suspension and brakes too.

And I am thinking 9xWide for all 4 corners ("skinny" setup). Or should I go 11xWide for all 4 instead?
What is the logic for using different vs same width tires, front and back? And skinny vs fat?
I had zillas on my commander. I love the tires. But the sidewall was soft. Had a lot of roll when cornering IMO.

I ran 28x9x14 and 28x11x14

30s I think would be worse.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm running 30 9 14 zillas on all corners like them cause there light

21 - 26 of 26 Posts