Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is my train of thought...

I have an X XC and would like to upgrade the suspension to be like that of an X RS. Will the components just bolt up? Are all the mounting points on the frame identical? If so, what parts will I need exactly? Will my rear torsion bar still work? Since I would want to upgrade the shocks, tie rods, radius arms, etc on a new X RS it seems like it makes sense to just buy the good stuff from the get-go this way. Are all the mounting points the same? Perhaps AReed will chime in. I think he should be able to tell me. I figure that I might still have an issue with brake line length, but that can be overcome with new lines for an X RS I suppose. Anyone know the answer to this? Any advice?

Help! Please!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes everything is the same , xxc is just 2'' shorter each side

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Benzo. I thought so, I just wanted to be 100% before I bought a bunch of crap that didn't quite fit. Do you know if my rear torsion bar will work, or do I need a new one of those as well? I still don't know what all parts I'll be needing...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
rear sway bar ?

should work , I think the mounts on the arms are in same place

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I learn something new everyday to lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Problem is everytime I learn something new I forget something I already knew lol

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
Arms, axles, brake lines, and shocks will have to be swapped over. Other than that, yes everything will bolt in and work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Alex. If you're sure it'll work then I can proceed with getting the stuff. I need your advice on shocks. I know you do awesome work and I'd love to have your setup, but I don't have any shocks to be worked on at the moment. I get Dragonfire stuff at cost and they have a set of stage 5 Elkas for the X RS that are surprisingly reasonable. Do you have any experience with those? Any advice here is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
I don't have any hands on experience with them but I get about 50/50 mixed reviews on them in general.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that's not good news. Do you have some 2.5 Fox shocks that are worked with your full magic that could be sold to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts