Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I am getting my maverick xxc next week and was just thinking... would it fit on my 10 foot trailer? I know width wise it will but im concerned with length. has anyone done this? thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
I guess it depends on if your trailer is 10', 9'11", or 10'1"? My toyhauler garage measured 9'11" and it was too close to tie down and not damage anything.

Listed spec is 118.9", but I think it is a tad longer.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
removing bumper or getting a slimmer style will save u 6'' inches

·
Registered
354 Posts
It will fit on my 8x10 aluminum sled trailer but it won't drop back down.I ended up with the front wheels completely off the trailer and on the ground.I'm going to try backing it up my 8.5x10 steel one that has brackets that are used for 2x4's so I can make a safety railing so I don't go off backwards.If it works I'll re-try my aluminum one by backing up too but will will have to modify the front I think first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it will be fine as long as its not an enclosed trailer. I have a 12 ft trailer but I have two foot at the end. If that is what you have, then I would make it work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It will fit on my 8x10 aluminum sled trailer but it won't drop back down.I ended up with the front wheels completely off the trailer and on the ground.I'm going to try backing it up my 8.5x10 steel one that has brackets that are used for 2x4's so I can make a safety railing so I don't go off backwards.If it works I'll re-try my aluminum one by backing up too but will will have to modify the front I think first.
When you say it won't drop back down...are you using a tilt bed? If so, just leave it down (pin in, just like you pull it down road) and use ramps to pull it on...or have a couple buddies stand on the front of the trailer to lower it so you can get pin in...

·
Registered
354 Posts
When you say it won't drop back down...are you using a tilt bed? If so, just leave it down (pin in, just like you pull it down road) and use ramps to pull it on...or have a couple buddies stand on the front of the trailer to lower it so you can get pin in...
Yes it's a tilt bed,never even thought about ramps,doh.I'm going to try my car ramps first,thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does your trailer have a rear gate or is it open? If open, no problem. If you have a gate it will be close.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Open.I just checked height and my car ramps won't be be tall enough.The trailer is a full 10' so as long as it's tied down should work.I just measured to the very front of the front tire to the rearest of the the rear and it measures 9.5' .

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have a 36 foot Fuzion with a 10 foot garage which is a true 119.8 inches. It will fit, it's snug but it will fit. With the new bumper I built and I pulled the tail lights in 1.5 inches now it fits with no problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Open.I just checked height and my car ramps won't be be tall enough.The trailer is a full 10' so as long as it's tied down should work.I just measured to the very front of the front tire to the rearest of the the rear and it measures 9.5' .
Mine will climb on my trailer without tilting...you could at least try that. I haven't seen your trailer but you could try. Place it in Low, 4x4 and see if it will climb in. Mine is a 12 ft tilt bed as I said earlier and 95% of the time, I use the tilt, but I have just drove it on. Back your trailer into small ditch if your ramp won't work, then you should definitely not have a problem. Again, just trying to make suggestions. No need and buying another trailer, there are ways that you can make yours work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts