Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea... so I got the first one my dealer is getting......Soon as I get Ill post up some results and true heads up racing.....

The best part of this whole thing is I just found and ordered the tire I want for the Mav....29" Bighorns...Hope they don't say Polaris on them.....LOL Yea....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Must be nice to have so much disposable income
Congrats

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Must be nice to have so much disposable income
Congrats
its really disposable to when u buy a poopoo , lol

cant wait to see sum real races, do it with stock maverick tires, lol

video on FB shows a new 1000rzr and 900rzr race and the 900 jumps it - and the 1000rzr had paddles, lol

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We are Dunefest and Polaris is doing demos ,one sold at auction today for 36,500 built up with custom bumpers bead lock wheels matching spare, aluminum roof, light bar it was sweet looking for sure and I'm sure we will see it in the dunes tomorrow... they have a lot more leg room than the xp 900 and there is plenty of space for a turbo in front of the motor, I'm happy to say that it will push for more sport SXS for everyone and giving more options is always good. The best part is another manufacturer we fire back soon..

Devious PowerSports ,Tyler

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'm working on one as well. Mine won't be from the first batch as I'm getting mine close to cost.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I heard 1 inch (yes 1) extra leg room and 4 inch wider cab. Plus they have those huge ass dead pedals molded into the foot area. Hardly anything to get excited about.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
there junk inside, looks like an after thought, several issues ( more than canam by far) and claims are a pain in the ace. I would not own another Polaris if it had 150 hp. I could go on and on but you get my drift

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there junk inside, looks like an after thought, several issues ( more than canam by far) and claims are a pain in the ace. I would not own another Polaris if it had 150 hp. I could go on and on but you get my drift
Ok thanks... Its a piece of shit... I get it... I didnt expect anyone to do backflips i was just sharing.... Ill determine if its junk... All my friends beat there XPs hard as i do my Can Ams and they hold up just as good... I dont understand why everyone hates everything non Cam Am

All this new model will do is encourage Can Am to be better...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hey Im happy for you, Id have one if I could hell. Most people only can buy one sxs and buy what they believe is the best. So of course most here dont like the popo, most on the popo forum dont like the can am, and so on with arctic cat. I look forward to hearing some unbiased reports on it and seeing how it holds up. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hey wvridge,
im happy for you if that is what you want... im stating my opinion, I was not a loyal canam person before owning now 2 of them and at least 4 others between friends and family. I actually started with Polaris, I had issue after issue after issue. I would love to say it was an isolated case, but was not, you could search forums all day and find the same things. now were talking simple things as well. I don't really feel like typing out a 3000 word post on it.

popo front hood was grossly mis aligned from new, they claim its the shrinkage in the plastics....(that one made me laugh, from brand new I mean) rear seat melted posts off, they claim its the first they heard of it and not there fault. when I got the consumer safty board involved they fixed it, twice. the sad part was I could print off 30 confirmed cases from reliable source on forums, not trolls, they also made and sold a post replacement kit for that reason, all while claiming I was first they heard.

air box melted off and dripping plastics, there fix, a new one and wrapped it up ghetto style with heat reflector tape to the point you could not change filter, melted again, they said tape it tight and don't worry. this ws what Polaris told me, not a dealer. I asked for them to check engine to see if anything was running bad and causing it, no go. floor pan front left corner weld broke, it had a 1/2 inch weld, should have been 3-4 inch. speedo would stop and go. I finally got rid off it and had enough.

the lies and claims popo made that these problems are a 1 machine event and having to go so frustrating situations clear to govt to get a 9.00 piece fixed is bad buis.
now I could go on more and more, but you get my frustration.

I like the arctic cats, heck I even like that new john deere, its not a canam loyal only deal for me. its spending 16000 for junk, and the lies and hardship popo gave me. all this occurred within 150 miles and 3 monthsof n ew. if I was going to be canam loyal and cared about the hp race, for the 5-7 grand difference between the maverick and xp 1000, I could smoke it badly and still have 1-2 grand left over if it was about hp only, or racing, the maverick would be the best deal dollar and power wise when you compare dollar to dollar cost. its not the case for me, I don't race. im happy for you, really. just sore at popo.. I would like to see some videos from you when the time comes.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey wvridge,
im happy for you if that is what you want... im stating my opinion, I was not a loyal canam person before owning now 2 of them and at least 4 others between friends and family. I actually started with Polaris, I had issue after issue after issue. I would love to say it was an isolated case, but was not, you could search forums all day and find the same things. now were talking simple things as well. I don't really feel like typing out a 3000 word post on it.

popo front hood was grossly mis aligned from new, they claim its the shrinkage in the plastics....(that one made me laugh, from brand new I mean) rear seat melted posts off, they claim its the first they heard of it and not there fault. when I got the consumer safty board involved they fixed it, twice. the sad part was I could print off 30 confirmed cases from reliable source on forums, not trolls, they also made and sold a post replacement kit for that reason, all while claiming I was first they heard.

air box melted off and dripping plastics, there fix, a new one and wrapped it up ghetto style with heat reflector tape to the point you could not change filter, melted again, they said tape it tight and don't worry. this ws what Polaris told me, not a dealer. I asked for them to check engine to see if anything was running bad and causing it, no go. floor pan front left corner weld broke, it had a 1/2 inch weld, should have been 3-4 inch. speedo would stop and go. I finally got rid off it and had enough.

the lies and claims popo made that these problems are a 1 machine event and having to go so frustrating situations clear to govt to get a 9.00 piece fixed is bad buis.

I like the arctic cats, heck I even like that new john deere, its not a canam loyal only deal for me. its spending 16000 for junk, and the lies and hardship popo gave me. all this occurred within 150 miles and 3 monthsof n ew. if I was going to be canam loyal and cared about the hp race, for the 5-7 grand difference between the maverick and xp 1000, I could smoke it badly and still have 1-2 grand left over if it was about hp only, or racing, the maverick would be the best deal dollar and power wise when you compare dollar to dollar cost. its not the case for me, I don't race. im happy for you, really. just sore at popo.. I would like to see some videos from you when the time comes.
Damnit Man. U did have a piece of Shit? Lol. :). Hope this this is decent

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Thanks Bro. I do apologize to you, should not have ranted in your thread about popo, just a sore spot as you can tell.... im truly happy for you, I actually expected popo to have something above 101 this year, if they had not I would have been disappointed in popo..lol this in reality is all good for us all, we all get more and better when they compete. just hope the prices don't get any higher, but we know it will... I also hope popo don't keep there fans waiting forever on a 4 seater as canam did us...lol..or elsse it seemed that way for me. let me know when you get some videos.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
still not a good enough reason to buy poop , lol jk

I rather wait for quality then rush into problems :)

btw its a nice machine but u know we gotta give u chit on here,lol

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
382 Posts
I browse this forum and rzr forums. All of them have their share of problems and the rzr guys act the same way when you bring up the can am. I personally have only owned a rzr and it was junk, but I bought used so I can't blame Polaris on that one. I'm looking at getting an xrs but the new xp is very tempting. Waiting to see an unbiased opinion to see if the extra price is even worth it. If the Polaris didn't have 4" more travel in the rear, it wouldn't be so tempting.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
hey wvridge,

Dude I thought you said you didn't want to type a 3000 word post, then you get close with that! Just giving ya chit. It definately sucks when we have problem after problem with these SxS.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok thanks... Its a piece of shit... I get it... I didnt expect anyone to do backflips i was just sharing.... Ill determine if its junk... All my friends beat there XPs hard as i do my Can Ams and they hold up just as good... I dont understand why everyone hates everything non Cam Am

All this new model will do is encourage Can Am to be better...
I know guys who wouldn't drive a can am over a rzr if it were half the price. IMO the can am interior and overall design and looks of the rides are superior. As far as on the trail goes I prefer the rzr as it just performs. I owned an 09 rzr I put over 3000 miles on and never replaced a single part on. Changed the oil and other than that, I drove the shit out of it. Was it a great looking machine inside? Not really but it'd climb a wall and never left me stranded. I love the mav as well but I'm certain of one thing. It's going to cost me more in maintence than my rzr ever did and that's ok I like it's styling and I can live with it's faults. I'll be checking out the new XP1000 for sure as the fact is this is the first time that polaris has had to leapfrog anyone for top dog status for a very long time and I'm sure they nailed it. Guys like bulldog who are dead set on on manufacturer are fools. I'll bounce back and forth based on who's in the lead and if we're being honest with ourselves how long has polaris not been in the lead in the sxs market. Been very brief stints as everyone else has played catch up since 2007. I think the fact that more people have purchased rzr's over that time than all other sxs's combined speaks CLEARLY to that point. I understated that by a mile. It's PROOF they set the standard.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with part of what your saying but I when I bought my first SxS I bought a Kawi instead of the Rzr. I did that because kawi was a better built machine and it was slower. And yes the Kawi was underpowered the day I bought it. Somethings are easier to improve with mods but not fit & finish. I was a little hesitant about the Can-Am but after buying it and opening it up for inspection, the quality of engineering is impressive. I dont agree with everything they did but alot of the design items they got right. From what I have seen with the Rzr's, it is just the opposite. They went cheap on most things and got only a few things right. IMO. However this is a new car, so time will tell us if its better or not.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts