Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my question will turn into get a qsc&stm clutch but that's not what I am looking to hear. I don't have the money for the qsc setup . So I have heard the those clutches put down almost 10 wheel hp. So will the epi spring kit put anymore hp to the wheels??????:crazy:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The short answer is yes.....the long answer is maybe...because you need to have your clutches dialed in to keep you in the heart of the powerband. So if the clutch kit fixes an RPM issue you may be having, you will see more power to the wheels as a result. But you have to be able to keep the RPM's there as well. The stock secondary will not back shift like an STM period. So you will see some improvements over stock but are still leaving some power on the table so to speak.....

Reactions: kroth1984

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know my question will turn into get a qsc&stm clutch but that's not what I am looking to hear. I don't have the money for the qsc setup . So I have heard the those clutches put down almost 10 wheel hp. So will the epi spring kit put anymore hp to the wheels??????:crazy:
It sounds like it doesnt really matter. It will be better than stock so get what you can afford and live with it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heavsledz for the quick response....

The short answer is yes.....the long answer is maybe...because you need to have your clutches dialed in to keep you in the heart of the powerband. So if the clutch kit fixes an RPM issue you may be having, you will see more power to the wheels as a result. But you have to be able to keep the RPM's there as well. The stock secondary will not back shift like an STM period. So you will see some improvements over stock but are still leaving some power on the table so to speak.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
at least I know it will be a little better then stock. Cant afford the qsc stm set up yet
I hear ya....just make sure you get the recall done if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I really liked the EPI. It was much better than stock but decided to pull it for the full set up. I have it for sale in the classifieds. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really liked the EPI. It was much better than stock but decided to pull it for the full set up. I have it for sale in the classifieds. Let me know if you are interested.
I just bought one or I would have. Got it for 260 shipped to my house

1 - 11 of 11 Posts