Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see arctic cat released info on the new wildcat 50'' wide model. I wonder if can-am will do the same???

·
Registered
791 Posts
It would have to be a "from the ground up" redesign, as they will never get to 50" with the V-twin between the seats. I sure hope they do come up with something...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
hard to say, i would not expect to see it, or anytime soon, but who knows, im simply guessing. reason is most trails are now 60 + inches wide since that has been the fastest growing leg of sxs in last 4 years. many trails have been enlarged, many more planned, and almost all new trails are 60 plus inches. so the under 50 inches trails are becoming fewer and fewer. sure there will always be some, but its again about the masses in buisness. i may be wrong, guess we will see.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Michigan has been expanding the width of their trail systems throughout lower and upper peninsulas. These wider trails are designated as "Routes". The definition of a route - "These are 72 inches wide and open to all types of ORVs from motorcycles through full size vehicles".

So that is good news for folks buying the wider sxs's.:smile:

·
Registered
163 Posts
If they did come out with a 50" maverick i wouldn't buy one that thing would flip over with one touch of the throttle! I don't see how they could make it so that it was not hard to handle or keep the wheels on the ground with that Hp with cutting the width down by 14 inches.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If they did come out with a 50" maverick i wouldn't buy one that thing would flip over with one touch of the throttle! I don't see how they could make it so that it was not hard to handle or keep the wheels on the ground with that Hp with cutting the width down by 14 inches.
Highly doubt they would put a 101 in a 50

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Amen play doh. I'll make mine fit anywhere I wanna go. I have noticed the trails are a little tighter but so far nothing I can't get thru. Also the wildcat needed to have a smaller engine maybe this one won't puke oil everywhere or blow up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a can-am but im happy to see cat doing this thats job security for me!!!! we manufacture tool&dies that make powdered metal parts for cat and polarass.. MADE IN THE USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts