Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've decided to swap my quad in on a maverick and was just wondering if anyone has tried to put an XXC in the back of a short box (5.5') pick-up. I know one would go width wise, but I'm unsure on the length. I can figure this out on my own, but was looking for input from those who own them. Thanks! Remember..."As I shifted into fourth gear, I couldn't remember a thing she said..." ;D

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....I am going to say no, it will not fit for a few reasons....first, on a short bed truck, there is not enough space in front of the wheel wells for the tires to rest because the front bumper sticks out too far in front and would knock out your rear window. Your front tires would end up on your wheel wells. Second, the rear tires would be off the back of the tailgate so you would have to find a way to support the rear of the Maverick. Third, it would put too much weight behind the rear axle making it unsafe......

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
And how do you get out of it once loaded?! Must be beer involved....

Reactions: bullet30

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
oh, ok.....the pictures had me confused (I know...that's not hard to do)...it looked like the ramps in the truck were all you used....were did you get the setup at or did you make it?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I made everything you see in the last picture except for the aluminum ramps. And the previous picture that shows the two big pick up ramps on the ground, is it showing that I built them in two separate pieces so that I can put them on the truck all by myself.

·
Registered
228 Posts
glamis that's crazy high,,good to see our minds think alike 2013-10-14 001 2013-10-14 002.jpg 2013-08-10 001 2013-08-10 004.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I made everything you see in the last picture except for the aluminum ramps. And the previous picture that shows the two big pick up ramps on the ground, is it showing that I built them in two separate pieces so that I can put them on the truck all by myself.
nice job! What did it set you back in materials?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very cool......around here that would cost upwards of $3000 to buy.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
yes I built mine ,it cost me around $400 dollars,,its paint ,I'm a painter by trade ,,It's a marine epoxy ,I also pull a toyhauler filled with a few outty's tow rig.jpg

Reactions: MiMav

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
11 foot to the highest point on the mav

1 - 20 of 21 Posts