Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I knew Can Am was coming out with the Maverick but had forgotten about it until I saw a ad for while surfing the other day. I was pretty much sold on the Artic Cat Wildcat up til now but after reading some of the reviews and watching the videos the Maverick is now my new want. The only thing I am not happy with is the front diff. That of course seems to be a question right now? Is it the stock visco-lok or the QE? If it is for sure a QE then that makes it all the better. Then the only thing left is to add power steering to it. I am going to check with my local dealer and see when they plan on getting a Maverick in so I can go look at it. I liked the cabin of the Commander and since the Maverick is pretty much the same then I am sure I'll be happy. I currently own a 2008 Honda TRX700xx but I was wounded in the leg in Iraq in 2004 and it really isn't comfortable to ride the quad anymore. So that is why I am looking for a SXS to replace the quad with. I am also a Jeeper and have been fighting the issue of the two over lapping use in some areas but at the same time I know if my wife and daughter are going to be riding quads I want something to keep up with them and a SXS is the obvious choice.

So please educate me on the new Maverick and I will be around reading up on them and getting as much information as I can.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
First thanks for your service protecting our butts The maverick comes with the non qe the qe is to hard to steer without powersteering but you can get the superatv ps for 600$ and it works great

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can deal with having to upgrade to the QE if that is all it takes. I am not afraid to work on my own stuff one bit. I do wish that their was a better aftermarket kit out there so that the front could be locked 100% of the time. I have ARB lockers in both of my trail Jeeps and like the air lockers a lot. As I already said the Maverick is an awesome machine from what I have read so far. And I am one of those people who can't leave anything stock so I would be looking for ways to get more power out of it plus things to just make it work better. I may not be one of the first to have one but I will get a SXS at some point in the next 1-2 years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I heard that the front diff isn't the QE but doesnt take as many revolutions to lock as the older style. Which I hope is true as I plan to rock crawl with mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts