Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1701 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,681 ·
I haven’t come to terms with that myself yet. Maybe I’ll get that figured out like you in the next decade or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It takes a lot of beat downs to get there. Just got to keep moving forward. When something bad happens just look at it as an opportunity to change or adapt what you do. If you let the bad get you down your in for some tough times.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
It takes a lot of beat downs to get there. Just got to keep moving forward. When something bad happens just look at it as an opportunity to change or adapt what you do. If you let the bad get you down your in for some tough times.
Very well said! Your best post ever! 👍

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like that its different, and everything about it makes since. I didn't like the looks at first, but after looking into all aspects of it and its functions It grew on me. It now needs 4 motors to keep up with the others that have tank mode, and crab walk. I like the no paint, no dent, and the electric 4 wheeler you can get with it. For me to seal the deal 4 motors, tank mode, and crab walk is needed. I am sure Musk will step it up. 2.9 second 0-60 is awesome for a truck lol
I put 50k miles on my 1500 AT/4 and sold it back in the time you've had your canyon lol. And I'd roast it in stock form

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,684 ·
I put 50k miles on my 1500 AT/4 and sold it back in the time you've had your canyon lol. And I'd roast it in stock form
If I knew it was going to take over a year for the twin turbo to get made, and 2 more years to get installed I wouldn't have had it made. Also the 3.0 Duramax was not out then. They goal was to hit 35 MPG with the set up. We will see someday if it will do that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If I knew it was going to take over a year for the twin turbo to get made, and 2 more years to get installed I wouldn't have had it made. Also the 3.0 Duramax was not out then. They goal was to hit 35 MPG with the set up. We will see someday if it will do that.
Never once considered buying a pick up to get good gas mileage personally. I loved the 6.2L and 10 speed in the 2020.

Ordering another as soon as the new body is announced supposed to be around March. I have a 2021 3500 AT 4 for my dog chassis. It gets terrible mileage

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,686 ·
Never once considered buying a pick up to get good gas mileage personally. I loved the 6.2L and 10 speed in the 2020.

Ordering another as soon as the new body is announced supposed to be around March. I have a 2021 3500 AT 4 for my dog chassis. It gets terrible mileage
I also have the 2014 Cummins 3500 and it milage sucks. On a good day 12 MPG in town. I do most of my driving in town so a truck that gets good MPG is important.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My 2002 F 350 7.3L regular cab 4x4 is my workhorse and daily driver since 2004. 297k everything except ball joints and rear end is 100% stock. Front 2" leafs I guess aren't. Didn't put many miles on for a lot of years. Put 600k on two Toyota Tacoma TRDs

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,688 ·
My 2002 F 350 7.3L regular cab 4x4 is my workhorse and daily driver since 2004. 297k everything except ball joints and rear end is 100% stock. Front 2" leafs I guess aren't. Didn't put many miles on for a lot of years. Put 600k on two Toyota Tacoma TRDs
I had the 2000 F350 strongest truck I have ever had. I also now have an 2006 F250 diesel that is a piece of crap. 2X times so far head gaskets. This time I am not fixing it and will run it into the ground. Actually I wont even drive it I will let my guys destroy it.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,689 ·
A few parts came in today, but none of the parts I needed to start putting it all back together. S3 Weld in Frame gussets, and the upper piece of the CT Race Worx Bullet Proof Gusset kit. I only needed the upper CT Frame support, so that worked out good since that was the only parts they had left in stock to sell me. Not sure how much of the S3 weld in gussets I will actually get installed since I am not going to tear it all down to the frame to install them. I figure some is better then none I am waiting on the bearing for my SATV billet carrier bearing to get the prop shafts installed. Waiting on Portal backing plates to get finished being built, and my front Halo is still getting rebuilt. Carbon Fiber dash came in and is also waiting in line to get installed (I am having it installed so I don't mess it up)
Hand tool Pliers Wood Tool Metalworking hand tool

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,691 · (Edited)
Dat Davenport tho!
LMAO. Yes the whole house is full of that French Provincial crap. House came furnished with the complete set, and since the house is big we left it to help fill in the room. I did take the matching bed out and stick it in the garage. I can't even imagine what they originally paid for a whole house matching set. I have added a few things to the mix, but still a long ways to go. 125 inch projector in living room, and 84inch in bed room.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,692 ·
My neighbor has the coolest Christmas Decorations on our whole street. Its hard to tell from the video but, everything in the box is automated. It might help that he owns the biggest liquor store in Las Vegas.

Reactions: R.Snape

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,693 ·
just wow!!! let us know how this turns out.
Well They were able to clean up all the gears and rebuild the Halo with new bearing and seals. Pictures are all prior to getting cleaned up and rebuilt. I have contacted the install dealer over this and 5 other issues. We shall see how they proceed to rectify the many issues that have occurred, and if need be, all my paperwork is ready to be filed. Halo should arrive next Monday so I can start putting my Can Am back together now that I am over this China Virus.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Camera lens
Automotive tire Tableware Wheel Alloy wheel Rim
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Light Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Circle

Font Paper Paper product Parallel Letter
Rectangle Font Material property Handwriting Parallel

Reactions: OffRdX

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,694 ·
Halo 30 finally got back from getting rebuilt. I had some time today to get the RCV Prop Shafts, and the Halo 30 all set in place for clearance checking. I Had to make some spacers to go under the Carrier bearing for the prop shaft to have enough clearance over the AMG fuel tank. Everything now looks good to bolt up.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Engineering
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Engineering Auto part
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Gas Engineering Machine tool Machine
Cylinder Gas Bicycle part Plumbing Nickel
Gas Engineering Machine tool Auto part Cylinder
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Synthetic rubber Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,695 ·
Tomorrow I will be installing the CT Raceworx Arms. I just need to shorten the upper A Arm bolts for a little more clearance between the hydro steering. Today I added the upper CT Frame support to go along with my lower SATV frame support. Welded together a few floating brackets between the hydro steering and double shear to make assembly a lot easier. I also had to do some grinding/ sanding to clean up the steel guide on the hydro steering since dealer didn't grease it and it was grinding the plates.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Font Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Tool Bumper
Wheel Automotive tire Train Motor vehicle Vehicle brake
Tire Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,696 ·
Well today went by rather fast, and I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I had a lot of time wasted on the 3 trips to the hardware store for bolts, and misc stuff. I decided to get longer bolts with longer shoulders to help prevent additional wear from the threads on the gussets. Putting the Arms on is really difficult with all the bushing wear plates, gussets, and frame supports I have added. I was able to get one lower arm on after an hour trying but had a clearance issue with my lower frame support, so had to take arm back off and do a little cutting on the lower frame support to solve the clearance issue. Tomorrow if I get a little help, I should be able to get all the arm bolts in easily within an hour then I can work on torquing them all down.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bicycle part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior
Asphalt Road surface Wood Gas Composite material
Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Motor vehicle Yellow
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Gas Motor vehicle
Composite material Metal Auto part Nickel Rectangle

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,697 ·
Well I got the arms on with the help of a friend. It was no easy task and took us 1.5 hours just to get the 8 bolts in. Taking a beer break then will start the process of torquing and marking all the bolts. I am still waiting on my custom Portal backing plates that should be here by end of next week to get everything back together.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,698 ·
Everything is all torqued and ready for me to start putting on the plastic along with plugging in all components. Tomorrow's project.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,699 ·
I have everything installed up to the Custom Portal backing plates I am waiting on that should be here by end of next week. Now I can start making some room in the garage and get rid of my S3 Arms, Shock Therapy Sway Bar, CA quick disconnect links, and the stock prop shafts.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Tire

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,700 ·
My Custom made Front Portal backing plates have finally arrived. These should never bend again, and Tie Rod mount cannot break off like before. Now I just need to do a double check test fit then put some paint on them.
Font Rectangle Gas Technology Metal
Working animal Automotive exterior Auto part Motor vehicle Metal
Personal protective equipment Sandal Font Metal Pattern
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Wood Pattern
Font Composite material Gas Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Bumper Composite material Font Bicycle part
Black Gas Font Auto part Metal

1681 - 1700 of 1701 Posts