Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1701 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Yep that is the story of my whole life and I have learned to take it all in stride.
Me too, but just lately LOL! I need to get back on the good luck side!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,662 ·
Me too, but just lately LOL! I need to get back on the good luck side!
I don't know what it feels like to have luck, so I am not missing anything. I have always been able to break things that shouldn't be able to get broke, or those parts have arrived to me manufactured with defects. I am still puzzled how my A Arm steel sleeves were all cracked and looked like they were made out of cast when I am told they do not make them out of cast.
Automotive tire Wood Cylinder Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
On my last ride I was out on I was hearing some sound in the driveline in the front between carrier bearing and front diff. I pulled the panel to inspect the carrier bearing, but didn't find anything wrong. Sound would come and go depending on my tire traction, and didn't matter if in two or four wheel drive, so that left me puzzled of what it was. While I was working on lowering my front Halo I decided to send it back to Halo for full inspection as I thought it was possible that I had done some damage to it when I snapped A Arm in Moab. Yesterday Halo messaged me that they had received the diff and had it all tore down. They said it was smoked due too little or no oil being installed in it, and it also smelled like old motor oil. Halo said they ship diff's without oil, and that gear oil is added when installed. I have 285 total miles on Can Am to date. I never saw any oil on trailer or on my garage floor. At 125 miles my Can Am was back at dealer getting Hydraulic Steering installed, and no leaks at that time. It appears with slow driving the Halo will easily go at least 300 miles without any gear oil. I would suggest the Halo should be filled up with gear oil for better long-term performance, and I will be reminding the dealer when they get the rebuild bill.
View attachment 274958 View attachment 274959 View attachment 274960
WOW!!!! I assume in the instructions from Halo they say to fill with oil. Might even have a big sticker on it to remind people to fill with oil.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
808 Posts
WOW!!!! I assume in the instructions from Halo they say to fill with oil. Might even have a big sticker on it to remind people to fill with oil.
Remember this is the same dealer that left the ball joints finger tight and without a cotter pin....

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,665 ·
Ya you would think. I will know all those details once Halo gets it all rebuilt with a detailed damage cause.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,666 ·
Remember this is the same dealer that left the ball joints finger tight and without a cotter pin....
Yes same one that left Ball Joint bolts finger tight with cotter pins not installed, and the rear sway bar link nuts finger tight that fell off while on its first trip from dealer while on the trailer.

Reactions: OffRdX

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
808 Posts
Yes same one that left Ball Joint bolts finger tight with cotter pins not installed, and the rear sway bar link nuts finger tight that fell off while on its first trip from dealer while on the trailer.
I bet less than 1% of any brand dealer service dept. is worth a shit. At least your doing all your own work now, good on you.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,669 ·
I bet less than 1% of any brand dealer service dept. is worth a shit. At least your doing all your own work now, good on you.
I would have to agree with you at this point in time. SXS are not that hard to work on, so I don't get why a dealer that works on them all the time would have so much difficulty doing everything right most of the time.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
808 Posts
Because it's the powersports industry and they hire flunkies. If the mechanics were any good they'd be in automotive or heavy machine.
Kinda agree BUT My local Chevy service dept are pretty clueless with my 2017 Z06. A few items they needed to do and a week later and a pile of parts it still had to go back.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,672 ·
Because it's the powersports industry and they hire flunkies. If the mechanics were any good they'd be in automotive or heavy machine.
I have always done my own work on my heavy equipment, mud racing toys, cars, and trucks. I had never had a SXS before, but now after having one and doing all the modifications to improve the issues that have came up I can say a SXS is the easiest thing I have ever worked on. If I would have know then what I know now I would have found the time in my schedule to do the whole build from the start myself, and saved $15K with out the mistakes.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,673 ·
Kinda agree BUT My local Chevy service dept are pretty clueless with my 2017 Z06. A few items they needed to do and a week later and a pile of parts it still had to go back.
Well I have a 2019 Canyon with 2.8 Duramax that I had a custom twin turbo put on and its been in the shop for 9 months now trying to get the correct live tune to work.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,675 ·
Have you ever considered leaving your rigs stock? You have horrible luck, and that's coming from the guy that can't leave anything stock.
Yes, and when the tesla truck ever gets made I have decided that its fast enough in its stock form so I will leave it stock.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,676 ·
Have you ever considered leaving your rigs stock? You have horrible luck, and that's coming from the guy that can't leave anything stock.
My Canyon has been in the shop so long I had actually forgot I owned one until I got a notice that registration was coming up. lol

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
My Canyon has been in the shop so long I had actually forgot I owned one until I got a notice that registration was coming up. lol
Now that's funny!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes, and when the tesla truck ever gets made I have decided that its fast enough in its stock form so I will leave it stock.
Lmao, it looks like a 6 year old drew that thing. Maybe check out Rivian or Lordstown. Personally I’ll be holding onto a gas or diesel burner for as long as I can.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,680 ·
Lmao, it looks like a 6 year old drew that thing. Maybe check out Rivian or Lordstown. Personally I’ll be holding onto a gas or diesel burner for as long as I can.
I like that its different, and everything about it makes since. I didn't like the looks at first, but after looking into all aspects of it and its functions It grew on me. It now needs 4 motors to keep up with the others that have tank mode, and crab walk. I like the no paint, no dent, and the electric 4 wheeler you can get with it. For me to seal the deal 4 motors, tank mode, and crab walk is needed. I am sure Musk will step it up. 2.9 second 0-60 is awesome for a truck lol

1661 - 1680 of 1701 Posts