Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1641 - 1660 of 1701 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,641 ·
Yeah, you could recoup some of the cash you spent, parting it out.
The way I look at it is it's my one of a kind built that no one else will ever have the pleasure of owning, but someday there could be 100 people with a part of it to live on.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
So how many miles do you have on your X3 now?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,645 ·

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Had to go power it up to see actual. 285 miles with 39.5 Hours on it so far.
39.5, I'm trying to figure out how? LOL. You must idle for long periods of time?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,647 ·
39.5, I'm trying to figure out how? LOL. You must idle for long periods of time?
I don't leave it running when parked. Lots of slow rock trails.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,648 ·
Did a little work on the Can Am today. I had to modify my lower Super Atv frame support for the lowering of the front diff mount I did. After 40+ welds I got the gap all filled in and welded up on both sides.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Machine tool Rim
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper Tread
Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior Bicycle part
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Crankset

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Rock crawling is not very fast. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
250 miles on it so far
At the rate your going you should have 1000 miles and a million rocks smashed by 2023. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,655 ·
CanAm will be selling 23MY while 22MY cars are still missing ECUs. Something tells me his "old" parts still have some shelf life.
My parts would be in stock and not on backorder. Bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush. lol

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,656 ·
On my last ride I was out on I was hearing some sound in the driveline in the front between carrier bearing and front diff. I pulled the panel to inspect the carrier bearing, but didn't find anything wrong. Sound would come and go depending on my tire traction, and didn't matter if in two or four wheel drive, so that left me puzzled of what it was. While I was working on lowering my front Halo I decided to send it back to Halo for full inspection as I thought it was possible that I had done some damage to it when I snapped A Arm in Moab. Yesterday Halo messaged me that they had received the diff and had it all tore down. They said it was smoked due too little or no oil being installed in it, and it also smelled like old motor oil. Halo said they ship diff's without oil, and that gear oil is added when installed. I have 285 total miles on Can Am to date. I never saw any oil on trailer or on my garage floor. At 125 miles my Can Am was back at dealer getting Hydraulic Steering installed, and no leaks at that time. It appears with slow driving the Halo will easily go at least 300 miles without any gear oil. I would suggest the Halo should be filled up with gear oil for better long-term performance, and I will be reminding the dealer when they get the rebuild bill.
Rim Circle Auto part Metal Gas
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Gear Tire

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,658 ·
just wow!!! let us know how this turns out.
Halo said they should be able to clean up the gears, and the rest will need to be completely rebuilt. If you were referring to dealer yes I will let that be known after that meeting takes place.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Have you ever heard the saying?

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,660 ·
Have you ever heard the saying?

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....
Yep that is the story of my whole life and I have learned to take it all in stride.

1641 - 1660 of 1701 Posts