Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,584 ·
Chevy Attempt part 1

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,585 ·
Chevy Attempt at point of winching over the rocks.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,587 ·

·
Premium Member
8,189 Posts
I'm an east coast guy but make several treks a year out west to Moab & Sand Hollow. Go run Pritchett Canyon on 30s and let me know how it works out. If you ever venture east look me up and I'll guide you at Windrock and we'll see how it goes ;) I ride with everyone and every make, it's about riding, not what you ride (y)
I went up, not down, pritchett in my old wildcat on 30" hard rubber roctanes.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,592 ·
Can Am is all torn down for the new CT Arms. I am also going to lower the front diff for more prop shaft clearance. I am still waiting on my custom portal backing plates so won't go back together anytime soon. This time went a lot faster only took me around 4 hours
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Reactions: SideXEach

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,593 ·
Anyone lower their front Halo for more Prop Shaft clearance to allow a RCV shaft to be installed? Stock U joint is 2.25 inches, and RCV CV joint is 2.75. I was touching before I did some grinding. I am thinking of welding a steel plate under the frame tube, and then cutting out all original diff mount. Then I will also need to modify my lower Super Atv frame support. While I am here I probable will also change upper gusset to RT Race worx since it is a one piece from front to back for more support.
Eye Automotive tire Wood Grey Art
Wood Automotive tire Rolling Automotive exterior Gas
Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Gas

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,594 ·
Today I did a little work on the Can Am. I cut out the front diff mount and made a new mount that will lower the front diff 1/2 inch. This will allow me to install a RCV Prop Shaft.
Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Grey Wall
Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Grey Gas
Automotive tire Black Bumper Bicycle part Rim
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part
Hood Wood Automotive tire Bumper Trunk

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,595 ·
Portal backing plates just arrived from Super Atv under Warranty replacements for the last two that bent. I probably won't be installing them as I have stronger custom ones getting made that will not bend. So far I have had 5 bend in 250 miles which caused 4 ripped cv boots.
Road surface Asphalt Grey Automotive tire Font
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Red Gas

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,597 ·
Did u see ct race word new fender armor it could make that thing even heavier
No I didn't see that. I will have to check it out since my Can Am isn't on any diet. :)

Reactions: R.Snape

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,599 ·
They posted it on there Facebook page today
Those are for people that drive on trails with trees. They won't help me in the rocks. or in the desert.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The original thread title couldn't be anymore true today. The bolt ons keep making the build wilder... I honestly wouldn't buy a single component you've put on your vehicle after following this thread. It does show the haphazard engineer that goes into a lot of aftermarket parts and their marketing. I am happy to see that you're very honest about all the additional work needed once you rabbit hole yourself into a build with the aftermarket marketed parts and videos

1581 - 1600 of 1699 Posts