Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,202 ·
Made a trip to the Can Am dealer to get my special 41mm socket that came with the portals. Those nuts get torqued to 300lbs
Automotive tire Cosmetics Camera lens Gas Auto part

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·
Had an extra hour to kill so removed a few more parts. Got stuck on second axle that just don't want to come out of the Portal. I will have to get a bigger brass punch, and a bigger hammer to get that one out. It never fails the last thing you do it the hardest one to do.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Art Automotive wheel system

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
I answered your PM. Waiting on CT Raceworx arms is a good thing, they are worth the wait! But I'm confude, what happened to the S3 arm they were on warranty?
You were right on A Arms. I talked to a couple manufactures, and Racers running the Portals. I will need to go to the CT Race Worx Arms with Mega Ball Joints to not break A Arms with the 6 inch Portals. I am ordering them up tomorrow, and they will be here 12++weeks. Probably arrive next year. I will just install all the warrantied parts for now, and run with a little more finesse until then. When I bought the S3 A Arms they were the only strong option available for the Smart shocks with sensor mounts at that time. They probably would hold up just fine except for a hard side impact like I did on the Escalator.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
You were right on A Arms. I talked to a couple manufactures, and Racers running the Portals. I will need to go to the CT Race Worx Arms with Mega Ball Joints to not break A Arms with the 6 inch Portals. I am ordering them up tomorrow, and they will be here 12++weeks. Probably arrive next year. I will just install all the warrantied parts for now, and run with a little more finesse until then. When I bought the S3 A Arms they were the only strong option available for the Smart shocks with sensor mounts at that time. They probably would hold up just fine except for a hard side impact like I did on the Escalator.
Thanks grasshopper! Glad I could help.

You might be able to get them sooner if you order them raw, unless they can match the powder.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Did you build a 2 seat car for rock crawling ?

Saw this at the Sand Show this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
Did you build a 2 seat car for rock crawling ?

Saw this at the Sand Show this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like more for crawling in deep mud then over rocks with those tires.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Looks like more for crawling in deep mud then over rocks with those tires.
It has portals. Definitely a rock crawler. LOL!

I am not sure why they brought the mud machines to the sand show.

Reactions: Tmesic and BLR

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
It has portals. Definitely a rock crawler. LOL!

I am not sure why they brought the mud machines to the sand show.
Maybe they brought it to show what they use on the other end of the USA where there is just mud and Gators.

1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts