Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 2126 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,202 ·
Made a trip to the Can Am dealer to get my special 41mm socket that came with the portals. Those nuts get torqued to 300lbs
Automotive tire Cosmetics Camera lens Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·
Had an extra hour to kill so removed a few more parts. Got stuck on second axle that just don't want to come out of the Portal. I will have to get a bigger brass punch, and a bigger hammer to get that one out. It never fails the last thing you do it the hardest one to do.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Art Automotive wheel system

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
I answered your PM. Waiting on CT Raceworx arms is a good thing, they are worth the wait! But I'm confude, what happened to the S3 arm they were on warranty?
You were right on A Arms. I talked to a couple manufactures, and Racers running the Portals. I will need to go to the CT Race Worx Arms with Mega Ball Joints to not break A Arms with the 6 inch Portals. I am ordering them up tomorrow, and they will be here 12++weeks. Probably arrive next year. I will just install all the warrantied parts for now, and run with a little more finesse until then. When I bought the S3 A Arms they were the only strong option available for the Smart shocks with sensor mounts at that time. They probably would hold up just fine except for a hard side impact like I did on the Escalator.

·
Premium Member
15,562 Posts
You were right on A Arms. I talked to a couple manufactures, and Racers running the Portals. I will need to go to the CT Race Worx Arms with Mega Ball Joints to not break A Arms with the 6 inch Portals. I am ordering them up tomorrow, and they will be here 12++weeks. Probably arrive next year. I will just install all the warrantied parts for now, and run with a little more finesse until then. When I bought the S3 A Arms they were the only strong option available for the Smart shocks with sensor mounts at that time. They probably would hold up just fine except for a hard side impact like I did on the Escalator.
Thanks grasshopper! Glad I could help.

You might be able to get them sooner if you order them raw, unless they can match the powder.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
Did you build a 2 seat car for rock crawling ?

Saw this at the Sand Show this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like more for crawling in deep mud then over rocks with those tires.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Looks like more for crawling in deep mud then over rocks with those tires.
It has portals. Definitely a rock crawler. LOL!

I am not sure why they brought the mud machines to the sand show.

Reactions: Tmesic and BLR

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
It has portals. Definitely a rock crawler. LOL!

I am not sure why they brought the mud machines to the sand show.
Maybe they brought it to show what they use on the other end of the USA where there is just mud and Gators.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
Thanks grasshopper! Glad I could help.

You might be able to get them sooner if you order them raw, unless they can match the powder.
Got them Ordered up. CT Race Worx High Clearance Boxed upper and lower A Arms with the Mega Keller Ball Joints installed in the upper and lower arms. Can AM Red. 10-14 weeks out. Did you do the Mega Ball Joints in your Arms?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,562 Posts
Got them Ordered up. CT Race Worx High Clearance Boxed upper and lower A Arms with the Mega Keller Ball Joints installed in the upper and lower arms. Can AM Red. 10-14 weeks out. Did you do the Mega Ball Joints in your Arms?
No, kept them stock. Stock ball joints are pretty stout, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,215 ·
No, kept them stock. Stock ball joints are pretty stout, IMO.
I figured I better get the biggest ones to be safe since I tend to break things easily. :p

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,217 ·
Well, no argument there!😂😂😂
I need to go back and find that comment the guy made of spend that many $$ on a ride that will probably never even see the dirt. When I saw that comment I LMAO as I know me, and I know I always need the strongest parts available to help from breaking down. He was only right on one thing I haven't used it much since I bought it 8 months ago with only a 125 miles on it so far. LOL

·
Premium Member
15,562 Posts
I need to go back and find that comment the guy made of spend that many $$ on a ride that will probably never even see the dirt. When I saw that comment I LMAO as I know me, and I know I always need the strongest parts available to help from breaking down. He was only right on one thing I haven't used it much since I bought it 8 months ago with only a 125 miles on it so far. LOL
You really need more seat time. The strongest parts mean nothing, everything has a breaking point. The old saying - "crawl before you walk, walk before you run". IMO, you were nowhere near ready enough for Moab. Go out on those trails like you were with the jeep. Learn to "read" the terrain. Learn situational throttle applications. The whole reason for having a SXS is to have fun. Have fun in the easier stuff first, then tackle the tougher stuff. That's my advice.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,219 ·
You really need more seat time. The strongest parts mean nothing, everything has a breaking part. The old saying - "crawl before you walk, walk before you run". IMO, you were nowhere near ready enough for Moab. Go out on those trails like you were with the jeep. Learn to "read" the terrain. Learn situational throttle applications. The whole reason for having a SXS is to have fun. Have fun in the easier stuff first, then tackle the tougher stuff. That's my advice.
I am a fast learner when it comes to anything motorized, but just not as fast as my talent to break things. I went to Moab to take it Very Easy, and if you listen to the whole hour video I kept saying it over and over take it slow, and won't break anything. That was working out well until I arrived at the Escalator hill climb and I became the main attraction as over 20+ people gathered around that hill climb to watch. At that point I reverted back to my old driving style Fast and the Furious. My whole motto for the day went out the window right there.

1201 - 1220 of 2126 Posts