Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,181 ·
I'm not a rock bouncer.... but I have friends that are. The FIRST thing they install is a set of nerfs they can park the entire weight of the car on, since they get used for that so often when maneuvering over said rocks.

Caught me by surprise you went a different route.

Then again yours is a very "different" build..;)
Rock bouncers are in a whole different level then what I will ever be doing, so I can understand why they do that first. I also will be making sure my nerf bars are strong enough to jack from by adding more support braces if needed, or replacing them with the S3 nerf bars.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Crawler,,, Bouncer,,,,, Slower,,,,,, Costly-er,,,,,, Un-fun-er.... all of these mean the same to me since I don't get the whole "rock" thing. I'm not down with the lingo.

Only thing that looks less fun (to me) is mudding.

To each their own tho,,,, that's what makes this sport great. (y)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,183 ·
My heart cringes for his chassis every time I read of another item being strapped to it. :cry:
To be honest I do take some parts off to install different parts. Some of the new parts are lighter then the old ones.:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
Crawler,,, Bouncer,,,,, Slower,,,,,, Costly-er,,,,,, Un-fun-er.... all of these mean the same to me since I don't get the whole "rock" thing. I'm not down with the lingo.

Lmao, there is a lot of confusion around here. I’d say a rock crawler would probably be more apt to use the sliders than a rock bouncer, those guys are full send and if it lands on the wheels mat the pedal again.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,185 · (Edited)

To make it simpler Rock bouncers have bigger balls then what I have now in life. When I was younger my balls were bigger, but now they shrank up. lol They have lots of HP They are built to roll, and just keep going as its just part of their sport. I love watching them take on those rock hill challenges like a pro.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,186 ·
I may have missed something,,, but do you mean to tell me you built this thing to "bounce over large rocks" at "faster speeds than stock could handle" and you are actively "trying to find all failure points so they can be replaced" but you didn't put nerfs on it that you can jack from?

If you haven't already,,,,, Take that spare off the mount RIGHT F-ING NOW!! If you don't remove it now, and you get into your repair (telling yourself you will do it later),,,, you will get all chubbed up to take her for a shake down run and you'll need garage repair work as a new line on your Can Am itemized price list.

(ask me how I know this :whistle:)
Here you go. I took the spare off so you can sleep tonight. :D It should now clear the garage door since front of Can AM is 3 inches higher then the back, and I am showing 2 inches level right now without the angle difference factored in.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Combat vehicle

Reactions: X3 Poor

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That’s ‘should’ still. Might want to roll it over there on the way out, catching and taking your door with you would be the talk of the hood.

And now I realize the level isn’t hanging on the wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
Remeber Clay Forrester from GD.com. FRE Forrester Racing Engines ( sandzilla) on the forum?

He had a big sign over his trailer door that said " whips dumbass" 😂

Tim
Yeah, I do!

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
Yeah, I do!
He was a good guy for sure.

When he built my first big LS motor I ran like 3000 lbs of nitrous over 8 years before it needed a head gasket. Lots of guys go through a motor in three years.

RIP Clay.

Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,190 ·
Just talked with Todd Keller, and he is sending me upper and lower ball joints under warranty. Only upper ball joint snapped, but he wanted to replace the bottom just incase do to abnormal stress angles it saw. I was going to upgrade my A Arms to the best high clearance from CT Raceworx, but they are 12 weeks out on delivery, so I guess I will just need to be more careful until I change A arms out, and not slam into any more rock walls.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
Just talked with Todd Keller, and he is sending me upper and lower ball joints under warranty. Only upper ball joint snapped, but he wanted to replace the bottom just incase do to abnormal stress angles it saw. I was going to upgrade my A Arms to the best high clearance from CT Raceworx, but they are 12 weeks out on delivery, so I guess I will just need to be more careful until I change A arms out, and not slam into any more rock walls.
I answered your PM. Waiting on CT Raceworx arms is a good thing, they are worth the wait! But I'm confude, what happened to the S3 arm they were on warranty?

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,192 ·
I answered your PM. Waiting on CT Raceworx arms is a good thing, they are worth the wait! But I'm confude, what happened to the S3 arm they were on warranty?
Yes S3 is sending me 2 arms under warranty. I was just wanting to get stronger lower arms that will not break. CT Arms seem to be one of the best.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,195 ·
Be more careful after you change the a arms out too, crawl the rocks and don’t slam into them.
Yep that will be the plan as I don't want to be a full time mechanic every trip out.

Reactions: MO_Hacker

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
Be more careful after you change the a arms out too, crawl the rocks and don’t slam into them.
Boy, you really went out on a limb with that advice 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,198 ·
Boy, you really went out on a limb with that advice 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I wish I could've got the CT A Arms first, but at the time I ordered the only one that had the smart shock sensor mounts on their arms was S3. I will have to order up the CT Arms, and put them on next year when they come in. Ross will be upgrading my Portal backing plates in October, so they wont bend again, and he just shipped me the double shear for the middle radius rod Portal plate. I should be in good shape when all that is done especially with going a little slower over the rocks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,200 ·
He hasn’t caught on to the rock crawling thing yet, I’m just trying to help him out. Haha
I got the rock break parts down to a science. Its time to master something else like not breaking parts. :D

1181 - 1200 of 1371 Posts