Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1606 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a two post and I can tell you it's the best money I've ever spent. It's saved thousands on labor I'd have paid someone else, plus it makes everything easier and more comfortable to work on. The only down side is all your buddies are going to come use it and your tools and that CASE 18 pack of beer they brought as payment gets drank while you work on their stuff.

I had to turn a few truss's into a stick roof to get mine to fit, but then used the lift posts and ran a beam across so the roof is probably stronger now than it was. I'm going to add to the "Buy once, cry once" we've been throwing around and add "If there's a will, there's a way"!
The way will include building a new shed with a concrete floor. One of my friends has a 2 post, unfortunately we don’t live close enough for me to make use of his every time I want to do something.

·
Premium Member
14,358 Posts
I have a two post and I can tell you it's the best money I've ever spent. It's saved thousands on labor I'd have paid someone else, plus it makes everything easier and more comfortable to work on. The only down side is all your buddies are going to come use it and your tools and that CASE 18 pack of beer they brought as payment gets drank while you work on their stuff.

I had to turn a few truss's into a stick roof to get mine to fit, but then used the lift posts and ran a beam across so the roof is probably stronger now than it was. I'm going to add to the "Buy once, cry once" we've been throwing around and add "If there's a will, there's a way"!
Stop using my Buy Once Cry Once line, LOL! How high and how wide is a 2 post? I've thought about that numerous times, but I don't know if I have the width, pretty sure I have the height. It's bolted in somehow correct? Drill in cement? Did you have it done? And biggest question, ballpark price. Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Stop using my Buy Once Cry Once line, LOL! How high and how wide is a 2 post? I've thought about that numerous times, but I don't know if I have the width, pretty sure I have the height. It's bolted in somehow correct? Drill in cement? Did you have it done? And biggest question, ballpark price. Thanks!
Just asked my buddy what his cost, $2800 and needed 12’ ceiling. That was cash and carry price, no install

·
Registered
404 Posts
But it's fun when it's getting someone else to spend the money! :ROFLMAO:. I installed it myself, and it took about a day. I highly recommend going Asymetrical - it's way easier to get in and out of your vehicle without slamming a door on the lift posts. Having a skid steer or loader tractor makes everything about installing it easier, it'd be worth renting one for a day if you don't have access. The posts are anchored to the floor, so yes, you'll be drilling a dozen or so holes and then installing those pound in anchors. Here's the current model of one very similar to mine (mines roughly 10 years old now and I think is rated for 10.5). This will lift a Long bed, crew cab Diesel pickup if you balance it right.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
14,358 Posts
But it's fun when it's getting someone else to spend the money! :ROFLMAO:. I installed it myself, and it took about a day. I highly recommend going Asymetrical - it's way easier to get in and out of your vehicle without slamming a door on the lift posts. Having a skid steer or loader tractor makes everything about installing it easier, it'd be worth renting one for a day if you don't have access. The posts are anchored to the floor, so yes, you'll be drilling a dozen or so holes and then installing those pound in anchors. Here's the current model of one very similar to mine (mines roughly 10 years old now and I think is rated for 10.5). This will lift a Long bed, crew cab Diesel pickup if you balance it right.

View attachment 272185
Thanks. Definitely have the height, don't have the width. Well, at least now I know for certain.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,146 ·
Getting a head start before all my parts arrive.
Wood Flooring Floor Gas Audio equipment
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Automotive design Hood
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle
Finger Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Nail

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,149 · (Edited)
While waiting on parts to arrive I decided to get my AGM Electric Jack installed on the Can AM. This required Relocating Whips, and radio antenna with brackets from Axia Alloys, and replacing my Linq Pivoting Tire rack with a dual clap spare tire mount by Factory. I had to pull cage together a little bit with a strap to get the Factory tire mount on. This seems to make the rear roll bar more rigid, along with the AGM jack also pushing out against the cage.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,150 ·
Factory dual clamp spare tire mount, and Axis Alloys bracket clamps
Artifact Bicycle fork Cross Symbol Metal
Product Wood Flooring Grey Floor
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Combat vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,152 · (Edited)
That jack is nice have you tried it out to see how stable and easy to use it is?

Curious why no roof rack?

Tim
I had to use The electric AGM jack when I broke in Utah. It works great, but I need to get the lifting mounts installed as I didn't want to try and lift on the Nerf bars. Definitely get the weld on mounts installed in the locations you want to lift from if you have nerf bars installed as they are in the way to lift unless your nerf bars are built to lift from. I didn't do a roof rack because I only have 2 inch clearance as it is to get the Can Am into my garage.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
You think I'm joking but a guy in our group bought a toy hauler and went home with it, then realized the garage portion was a foot to short for the X3.

Then, kid you not had it lengthened and bought a new house with an RV garage that was 2 feet too short ti fit the toy hauler!

Sometimes people cannot see the forest for the trees while they are trying to get things done.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,159 ·
The spare sticks up more than 2 inches...will it go out of the garage?😬

Tim
No it wont go out of garage with spare on, but I made sure the top of the spare mounting studs will clear by 1 inch of garage door. I will keep spare tire off and only put it on for longer trips of over 50 miles since I have the run flat tire rating up to 50 miles without any damage to wheel or tire.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,160 ·
You left the warning stickers on? 👎
I haven't got that far as to removing all the stickers. Been too busy fixing breaks in those 125 miles. lol

1141 - 1160 of 1606 Posts