Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
291 Posts
Ya I was bummed out when I saw my build date was 1/21, and tune is still not available. Only good thing is the Portals with the 30% gear reduction will make lots of torque, and make the 37 inch tires seem like 28 inch tires.
How much do 37" SXS tires weigh? My 37" Toyo RT's on KMC wheels weighed 95lbs. My 40's on Trail Ready's weigh 150lb each.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
How much do 37" SXS tires weigh? My 37" Toyo RT's on KMC wheels weighed 95lbs. My 40's on Trail Ready's weigh 150lb each.
My 37X10.5 MRT X ROX CRAWLER TIRES R18 Kevlar MRT/XROS DD STICKY with the 18X7 MSA M37 Brute Beadlock 4/137 (Combo 80LBS)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I bought this lift for the Can Am before I added all the extra weight to it. I added a 12 inch lift to it so it will at least have enough lift height to get the wheels off the ground. I am definitely going well beyond the rated lift capacity, so I will have to add some extra steel reinforcement to a few areas, and possible upgrade the jack to a 20 Ton. Once I have a chance to test it to see what is needed I will have the wood changed to steel to help in the over all strength. The wood lift extension is just temporary to find my ideal height so, I didn't take the time to make it perfect.
Can Am 134.jpg
Can Am 142.jpg
Can Am 135.jpg
Can Am 136.jpg
Can Am 137.jpg
Can Am 138.jpg
Can Am 139.jpg
Can Am 140.jpg
Can Am 141.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
My 2 seater with an aftermarket cage, me in it (150lb), 32" tires and lightweight wheels was already at 2100lbs. I've done some weight reduction since. But yours being a 4 seater with all of this heavy stuff on it, wheels, tires, gas tank, portals, stereo, etc. I would bet money its over 3000lbs wet with you in it. Curious to see.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
My 2 seater with an aftermarket cage, me in it (150lb), 32" tires and lightweight wheels was already at 2100lbs. I've done some weight reduction since. But yours being a 4 seater with all of this heavy stuff on it, wheels, tires, gas tank, portals, stereo, etc. I would bet money its over 3000lbs wet with you in it. Curious to see.
I am guessing I can get the most accurate weights of all four corners when I have the Can Am at Shock Therapy June 28th. I will weigh front and back at a local sale, so I will have a rough idea of weight.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Car looks good. You will have it all built just in time to hit the desert when it is 110 degrees. LOL!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
Modified my trailer to 86 inches between fenders. Now I will be able to load it to find correct balance points to weld in the d-rings for the Wheel straps. Since my Can Am won't fit thru the dealers showroom front doors I will have to wait until they move it back into the service area to get it loaded for correct balance points to finish putting on D-Rings, and a few other trailer modifications I am doing.
Can Am 143.jpg

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Ross Hydro Steer has been shipped and scheduled to arrive this Friday. I should have some more Install pictures by end of next week. :)
CAn Am 150.jpg

421 - 436 of 436 Posts