Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

401 - 420 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Hydro steer should arrive by end of next week if all goes well. I get the first one off the assembly line since I was the first to pay invoice. :)
Can Am 124.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oil changes just got a little easier with all the clearance. Going to need one hell of a jack extension or lift to work on anything suspension related though.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Are you posting invoices because you think we are impressed with the dollar volume?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Oil changes just got a little easier with all the clearance. Going to need one hell of a jack extension or lift to work on anything suspension related though.
I bought an air over hydraulic lift, but now need to give the lift its own lift to reach the skid plate. lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Seems like forever waiting on the last 2 parts to arrive.. I am working on modifying my trailer to make the Can Am fit. Took a couple pictures of the Approach and Departure Angles along with some measurements. Front edge of front wheel to back edge of back wheel 14.5 Feet, Center to center 11.5 Feet, Width 85-1/4 Inches, Height with shocks not adjusted 78-1/2 inches, ground clearance is 2 inches less then it should be at 23.5 Inches, but shock adjustment should fix that, and increase it to 25.5 Inches.
Can Am 132.jpg
Can Am 133.jpg

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
261 Posts
Seems like forever waiting on the last 2 parts to arrive.. I am working on modifying my trailer to make the Can Am fit. Took a couple pictures of the Approach and Departure Angles along with some measurements. Front edge of front wheel to back edge of back wheel 14.5 Feet, Center to center 11.5 Feet, Width 85-1/4 Inches, Height with shocks not adjusted 78-1/2 inches, ground clearance is 2 inches less then it should be at 23.5 Inches, but shock adjustment should fix that, and increase it to 25.5 Inches.
View attachment 268633 View attachment 268634
At 10" or so above a good ride height, be careful adding any additional shit on the cage or rear rack. The extra width will help some BUT weight transfer from that height can jack your day especially rockin the rocks as you seem so keen on.....

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
At 10" or so above a good ride height, be careful adding any additional shit on the cage or rear rack. The extra width will help some BUT weight transfer from that height can jack your day especially rockin the rocks as you seem so keen on.....
Most of my added weight is low to the ground. Wheels, Tires, Portals, Extra 9 gallon fuel tank, batteries, winch, ect. Only thing up high is the stereo system. With the extra width, and weigh added low I am thinking I should be more stable then factory configuration, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
261 Posts
Most of my added weight is low to the ground. Wheels, Tires, Portals, Extra 9 gallon fuel tank, batteries, winch, ect. Only thing up high is the stereo system. With the extra width, and weigh added low I am thinking I should be more stable then factory configuration, but I could be wrong.
It does look pretty cool. Please post a weight after it is completed, will be very interesting how fast weight adds to all our builds. I know my 2 seater is likely 150-200 lbs. heavier than stock.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
It does look pretty cool. Please post a weight after it is completed, will be very interesting how fast weight adds to all our builds. I know my 2 seater is likely 150-200 lbs. heavier than stock.
I will post weights when build is all done. I am thinking with everything I have added, and with both tanks full I probably added 700LBS. I am thinking I will be in the 2450-2550LB range with full fuel, and ice chest full of beer.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
261 Posts
I will post weights when build is all done. I am thinking with everything I have added, and with both tanks full I probably added 700LBS. I am thinking I will be in the 2450-2550LB range with full fuel, and ice chest full of beer.
Just hope for a tune soon for the 2021 lol...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Just hope for a tune soon for the 2021 lol...
Ya I was bummed out when I saw my build date was 1/21, and tune is still not available. Only good thing is the Portals with the 30% gear reduction will make lots of torque, and make the 37 inch tires seem like 28 inch tires.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
I bet you will be well over that. I would guess 3000lbs.

401 - 420 of 436 Posts