Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

241 - 260 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I was thinking it was the one that unbolts the portals.... 😅

Sorry couldnt resist!

That kit is a great one. Basically 90 percent of what you need for a trailside repair.

Tim
It didn't come with a spot for beer so it's a good thing I bought the big Ice Chest that mounts on the back. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
$350? Snap-on might actually be cheaper for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have liked to have Snap on. I think with shipping and tax it cost my $400. $405.26 was actual cost just looked at my bill.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
30mm for the axle nut pretty sure. And I think it’s like a 22 for the primary but not positive on that one.

Yep that is it. The socket for the primary clutch bolt.

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
$350? Snap-on might actually be cheaper for once.

Snap on would be over $1000.

I got mine for under $300. I needed a new tool set up after I left a trail of Harbor Freight tools in the dunes. My tool bag under the passenger seat ripped and the tools went out were my skid plate was no longer attached to the frame. Ripped the skid plate at the seam. Lol!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 · (Edited)
I'm still going to call you out. The 2wd is 7700 the 4wd is 7600 lbs. Accuracy matters.

I'm one a few truck sites and this fluffing is a common theme.

You should know the tow rating of your vehicle before go out and tow.

I also do not believe while towing 8k which is over the rating and clearly a no no you get 25 mpg.

The highway rating is 30 mpg and I know from towing for 33 years a truck is lucky to get half the mpg when towing a significant load. 8k is clearly over its rating so that would be significant. Like towing 25k with your real truck.

Tim
Canyon is in the shop for a couple weeks getting the Twin Turbo System installed that I had custom made. It took them over a year to get designed and built. Also have Hydrogen system getting added. Not sure how well the Hydrogen will work out, but we will see what happens on the Dyno. Then real test to see what my MPG does with the 330HP/520 Torque.(@ Engine) Its getting tuned on dyno so we will have actual data once its done. All smog left on and Turbo system was custom due to that work around. Stock truck weight 4600LBS. PS I know None of this will change what the factory rated towing is. I believe a full video is being done on the build By the installer Sin City Diesel. It should be interesting to drive after its all done.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Canyon is in the shop for a couple weeks getting the Twin Turbo System installed that I had custom made. It took them over a year to get designed and built. Also have Hydrogen system getting added. Not sure how well the Hydrogen will work out, but we will see what happens on the Dyno. Then real test to see what my MPG does with the 330HP/520 Torque. Its getting tuned on dyno so we will have actual data once its done. All smog left on and Turbo system was custom due to that work around. Stock truck weight 4600LBS. PS I know None of this will change what the factory rated towing is. I believe a full video is being done on the build By the installer Sin City Diesel. It should be interesting to drive after its all done.
Is this a Twin Turbo setup or a Compound Turbo Setup.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dude, I dig your drive for hp/tq and trying to stand out from the crowd. If I were to sink money into a turbo project which I have (1971 Dodge Dart) the numbers you posted above aren't anything to chase with a turbocharged vehicle. I had a F150 3.5ltr ecoboost that with an aftermarket tune did that and then some.
What I'm saying is, that canyon isn't a hot rod.
Your going to continually find the weakest parts in it as the 520tq plays havoc with clutches, drive line components and last but not least your motor if the tune isn't good.
I think you have the funds and connections to make something really sweet like a AWD pro touring twin turbo square body from latest 70's early 80's.
Guess what I'm trying to say is expand your vision and do something great.

Hell if your bored here is a photo dump of a pro touring 70 Dodge Dart build I was working on. As far as I am aware it's the only Dart with a Cuda hood. It was at least the first anyway.

241 - 260 of 425 Posts