Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2341 - 2360 of 2416 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,341 ·
Build a pool and rocks around it. Make ‘the hot tub’ testing ground right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. I don't want to stay at that property to long as it's just an investment for my goal of buying an RV park once I can sell it for a ton of money that is.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,342 ·
Looks good! Is that like 30’x60’?

And the rock garden in your yard sounds like an epic idea, I’d love to see the look on your neighbors faces when they see you using it 😂
Today I just added something for my neighbors to look at keep their eyes off my rock garden when its built. I figured since I had lots of extra room I might as well make a little side $ on storage of this massive toy hauler.
Sky Plant Cloud Motor vehicle Mode of transport
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Motor vehicle

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
2,543 Posts
Finally got the steel under skid plate supports reinforced with some 3/8 steel, added a 1/8 rubber matt between steel plates, gas tank and battery to stop it from trying to wear a hole in them. Dam I milked that out a month. lol Maybe an hours' worth of work and it's all skid plates should be back on and ready for me to go to Sand Hollow on Sunday.
View attachment 283662 View attachment 283663
3/8 steel? AR 500 you might be IED proof

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,345 ·
3/8 steel? AR 500 you might be IED proof
LOL it's just a small strip of 3/8 steel to reinforce the steel runners under the skid plate. Although it wasn't lite, so Can Am weight has been increased. lol

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,346 ·
Finally got everything done and the skid plate back on. Only took me a month. lol. Heading to Sand Hollow on Sunday to run with some locals on more difficult trails routes off of the normal trails. We will be doing the one they are calling knock off as it knocks off both your mirrors when you go through it. Attached picture is one of the locals getting his mirror ripped off on that trail. I am thinking my longer Max will do better but we shall see.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood
Tire Wheel Ecoregion Automotive tire Natural environment

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,347 ·
Since I got the Can Am all finished today, I even had enough time to finish making the Pedestal for my mailbox. Made it out of all 3/8 steel so it should be plenty strong. 3/8 steel was left over from what I didn't use on the Can Am.
Road surface Asphalt Line Wood Tar
Pedestal Art Cross Gas Artifact
Wood Floor Fire extinguisher Gas Flooring

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,350 ·
Bolt that into a small cement base, paint it a bright colour for visibility, place right next to road, and watch the magic!
I made a 4X4 cement pad 10 inches thick that it will be mounted on. I am going to also put 3 huge rocks arounds it so no one can run into it. Street is 10ft out from my property line so no one will be hitting with a bat. lol

Reactions: McCarthy

·
Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
2,543 Posts
What the heck Smith, your quiet little Neighborhood have the taken to drifting around the streets ?

You need some giant rocke as you pointed out on either side of your driveway too

I think that will get there attention if they tag it

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,353 ·
What the heck Smith, your quiet little Neighborhood have the taken to drifting around the streets ?

You need some giant rocke as you pointed out on either side of your driveway too

Only added a few boulders out front to protect the mailbox or at least slow a vandal down. lol

I only added a few boulders to slow the vandals down. lol
Road surface Sky Asphalt Wood Wall
Sky Land lot Landscape Wood Cloud
Sky Property Tree Land lot Window

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,355 · (Edited)
AH! at your yard! though it was at you house

Package vandals they know good shit is in the package

👍🏼
The Yard will be my new house, so you were mostly right, except not in the rich neighborhood. lol

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,356 ·
We hit some difficult trails today in Sand Hollow. It was a group of 7 before I got there, they had already done 2 trails and had two roll overs. I got there at 9AM and while I was unloading a guy came along in a Supercharged KRX that was by himself, so I invited him to run the trails with us. I leant out one of my go pros so we could get lots of group videos on some obstacles, so I hope we have some good videos. 27 videos in total before battery died. No one rolled the rest of the day. I aired my rear tires too far down and I just went with it, but it was causing rear tires to bite in too much and not roll over the larger rocks like it should. I possible broke a rear axle since the boot is now ripped, and that portal bracket has bent some now as tire is towed in. Front CV boot is also torn so not sure if it was able to hit the cotter pin. I will pull those two axles and have them checked out. I had no issues climbing after I saw all this but did take it easy for the last hour so I would make it back to the trailer. I rode in the guy's super charged KRX for a mile through some big whoops. It seemed to move right along but that suspension only allowed him to hit 35 through the whoops, and it was like riding on a Bronco that was bucking. After I rod with him, I told him he needs shock work and to take a ride with me. I took him in mine, and we did 70 MPH through them, and it was still a very nice ride. Around 12 the group was done riding and me and the guy with the KRX went out on some difficult trails for the next couple hours. The KRX did very well, and he almost flipped it a few times. He wanted to make this one buggy climb, but after 4th attempt I had him stop. I tried it and on first attempt I almost made it, but on second attempt I almost did a back flip, so I said we need to wait until another day when we can have a spotter that knows how to make this climb. It was a fun day and Beast with a good spotter made the climbs look easy. Once all the videos get downloaded, I will post some of them up as it should have lots of other SXS's doing the same climbs. For now, I just have a few pictures of damage. lol
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Gas Rim Wire Auto part
Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,357 ·

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,359 ·
Tore two CV boots on last trip to Sand Hollow so removed one axel today to put my spare axle on and forgot that I had already used my spare axle last time CV boot tore. At least I have the new boot to have it put on. This is the 3rd boot that has been torn from the upper ball joint stud/cotter pin in 524 miles. This time will be the last as I cut some off the stud just above the cotter pin to give more clearance. From now on it will be Red Loctite and thread marker to safety check before and after every ride. These boots are a pain to put on as the stub axle has to be removed to install the boot. I have two extra axles on order so I will have spares for all four corners but will need to order some extra boots since no one stocks them locally. Hopefully I will not need another boot for many thousand miles. lol
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Coil Wood Audio equipment Gas
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Bicycle tire Fender

• Wow

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,360 ·
Today's project was to rebuild one of my two Turner axles since I only had 1 boot. I had to modify a chisel so it could fit to pound off the stub axle. I can say it's like trying to figure out a puzzle taking them apart and trying to put them all back together. I kept one stub axle handy just to make sure nothing was put together wrong since I had never done a CV before. No internal damage to CV joint was found so just cleaned it all up and put it all back together.
Automotive tire Office supplies Auto part Engineering Suspension
Circuit component Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas Audio equipment
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt Gas
Hand tool Office supplies Engineering Toy Plastic

2341 - 2360 of 2416 Posts