Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2135 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,083 Posts
Extremely windy in Samd Hollow today. Good news I finally found that vibration in the front that has been showing up once in a while. It was a loose inner bolt behind the rotor that held the caliber bracket on. I found it on first turn starting Maze rock trail. I have a temp fix that should get me through the week. I stuck a wrench between the pads and stuffed the caliber up by the radiator. I am on a trip brake system now, and running my spare. Lol
View attachment 279992
That bolt has no Loctite why? Is this one on you lol.....

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Why did you have to go and mention learning from others misfortune? You totally screwed yourself, should have said nothing lol.

But a pic if that wrench jammed into the caliper tied up by the rad might make a good meme template👍.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Extremely windy in Samd Hollow today. Good news I finally found that vibration in the front that has been showing up once in a while. It was a loose inner bolt behind the rotor that held the caliber bracket on. I found it on first turn starting Maze rock trail. I have a temp fix that should get me through the week. I stuck a wrench between the pads and stuffed the caliber up by the radiator. I am on a trip brake system now, and running my spare. Lol
View attachment 279992
Posted picture of a new rim with a hole punched in it. “Good news, I found the vibration”. You are the most positive person ever. I guess now is better on the shake down runs. Cheers man!

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,045 ·
This is why you can't have nice things 😂 😂 😂
The bolt was on my trailer when I backed Can Am off. I spent 30 minutes looking for any possible place it came from and couldn't find it. The bolt can only be seen when the rotor is in a certain possession. Before I left Vegas I stopped by to put on last piece of exo cage and mechanic had layed the bolts on same side of trailer so I came up with the conclusion the bolt was not from my Can Am. I was obviously wrong.Only damage was to wheel and spare is on now. We will see how today's trail run goes. No wind right now so hope it days that way.

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
View attachment 279992
Well the good news is that has to be worth 10 more miles of on and off the trailer getting everything put back together!

Who says you don't drive that thing, 10 miles is 10 miles!

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,047 ·
Well the good news is that has to be worth 10 more miles of on and off the trailer getting everything put back together!

Who says you don't drive that thing, 10 miles is 10 miles!

Tim
No extra miles from loading and unloading, as I only put my spare on and tied caliber up out of the way to continue hitting the trails. I put about 75 miles on today, and also was able to test the exo cage out.Details and video later once I get back to Vegas in a couple days. Tomorrow after my first trail run I am heading out with Slikrok group for some hard trails.

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
No extra miles from loading and unloading, as I only put my spare on and tied caliber up out of the way to continue hitting the trails. I put about 75 miles on today, and also was able to test the exo cage out.Details and video later once I get back to Vegas in a couple days. Tomorrow after my first trail run I am heading out with Slikrok group for some hard trails.
When you go out with Slikrok is that going be like The Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom where Marlin Perkins would stay in the Rangerover and make Jim go wrestle the Aligator or giant snake or are you actually going to do the trail and not just film? 🤣

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,049 ·
When you go out with Slikrok is that going be like The Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom where Marlin Perkins would stay in the Rangerover and make Jim go wrestle the Aligator or giant snake or are you actually going to do the trail and not just film? 🤣

Tim
I will be running the trail with them, but there might be something they climb I won't be experienced or brave enough to try.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,050 ·
Posted picture of a new rim with a hole punched in it. “Good news, I found the vibration”. You are the most positive person ever. I guess now is better on the shake down runs. Cheers man!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Black Tread
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Hood

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,051 ·
That bolt has no Loctite why? Is this one on you lol.....
That was a bolt on Portal that holds the caliber bracket I have never had off. It's also hidden behind rotor and can only be seen when rotor is in a certain position. I will be taking them all off to check when I get back.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,052 ·
That was a bolt on Portal that holds the caliber bracket I have never had off. It's also hidden behind rotor and can only be seen when rotor is in a certain position. I will be taking them all off to check when I get back.
Here is a better picture of bolt it actually sheared off when it came loose, but i doubt it had loctite on it.
Automotive tire Water Tread Fastener Household hardware

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,053 ·
I went out for a night ride last night mostly dunes with just a little easy rock crawling as I had told the group of campers next to me I would take them for a ride since they had never been in a SXS. You can say I was over loaded and the suspension was tilting a little to the right. I think the 375lb front passenger might have been part of that,but he couldn't fit in the back,and it was rather difficult for him to fit in the front. I am sure he has some marks from seat belt as we had to squeeze it super tight just to get it on. 700 extra pounds of passengers made the Can Am squat in pain. I also can't run much of a sand hill with that weight as belt got hot and had to turn and go down hill at 203 deg. Heat climbed fast and I was already turning around before it hit that temp. You can say they Loved the experience and now they want one.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,055 ·
SXS was leaning but not as bad as that.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,058 ·
This is the video that includes me flopping over on the Sand Hollow Triple 7. This is a good learning lesson that even when you watch someone else do the trail that from your vision point you just might miss something very important like a 6ft drop if you're off the line you should be on. Exo Cage did its job and Can Am didn't get a scratch. I had the Sector Seven mirrors loose enough that they just folded in without any damage.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
That looks like you're top heavy. That didn't look like flop territory.

From the looks you're top heavy and have some suspension issues that needs addressed.

It's hard to see,but that seemed too easy to flop like there.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,060 · (Edited)
That looks like you're top heavy. That didn't look like flop territory.

From the looks you're top heavy and have some suspension issues that needs addressed.

It's hard to see,but that seemed too easy to flop like there.

Tim
Seeing the situation in person gives a better perspective. There was 6ft of air between ground and right front tire when I came back to level with nothing for the tire to sit on. Several have just posted they did it in that same exact spot if your too far to the right you flop over. I also thought when it happened from the driver's seat it made no sense that I was flipping and to top heavy until I actually got out and looked what had actually happened. There is no doubt I am more top heavy then most and it will always be easier for me to flop over, so I just need to avoid the really bad places unless it's a safe little flop like this I am ok with taking the chance on. I also might have had my rear sway bar locked, but not sure as after the flop over I noticed it was in the locked position, but it could have easily been switched getting bumped getting in and out while flopped over.
Sky Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle

Reactions: SuperATV
2041 - 2060 of 2135 Posts