Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
2021 - 2040 of 2135 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,022 ·
Is what you should have done is document this build on camera frigg. You would probably have enough subs and views by now to get paid.
I have 690 build pictures so far. I am sure someone good could make some kind of video. 😄

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was able to get a few things done on the Beast today. Added two more small carbon fiber items (center hood, and engine cover). I was able to get the mount installed for the AGM electric jack and get the whip light mounts installed along with the radio antenna. Shimmed and installed spare tire rack. Trimmed up the skid plate that was causing a clearance issue on the front tires. Hopefully by end of the day tomorrow I will have most of everything else I need to do completed for the Sand Hollow Adventure Rally I am going to next week.
View attachment 279765 View attachment 279766 View attachment 279767 View attachment 279768 View attachment 279769 View attachment 279770 View attachment 279771 View attachment 279772 View attachment 279773
Looks bad ass, a machine of this investment deserves a real light bar. Get yourself some Baja Designs. It’s the only thing left you haven’t turned up to 11

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,024 ·
Looks bad ass, a machine of this investment deserves a real light bar. Get yourself some Baja Designs. It’s the only thing left you haven’t turned up to 11
Thanks. I do have one Baja Design 10 inch light bar on the shock mount.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,026 ·
One of these on yours! Are you kidding me! Would be awesome. Helps make the bulges in the BRP stereo roof shrink to seem more proportional and it’s melt your face off brighter than the sun.
View attachment 279843
Ya I think those would be very bright.

Reactions: Speed Buggy

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,027 ·
Yesterday I added almost 5% more miles (15 miles lol) to my Can Am just driving from one end of my subdivision and back on just the main entry roads with only taking a couple of the side streets. You can say the subdivision is rather big with a 27 hole golf course. Go Pro has some new feature since I used it last and it automatically converts long videos into shorter videos of max size of 4003.93 MB( 8:52). So there is 4 parts of this drive just to get from one side of my subdivision to the other and back. I will have to change the settings on my camera as it makes the trees curve as you pass them and I really don't like that. The Beast is now ready for Sand Hollow Adventure Rally next week 11th-13th.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Yesterday I added almost 5% more miles (15 miles lol) to my Can Am just driving from one end of my subdivision and back on just the main entry roads with only taking a couple of the side streets. You can say the subdivision is rather big with a 27 hole golf course. Go Pro has some new feature since I used it last and it automatically converts long videos into shorter videos of max size of 4003.93 MB( 8:52). So there is 4 parts of this drive just to get from one side of my subdivision to the other and back. I will have to change the settings on my camera as it makes the trees curve as you pass them and I really don't like that. The Beast is now ready for Sand Hollow Adventure Rally next week 11th-13th.
Okay so is this part I point out you are showing video proof you made a "Mall Crawler" and not a rock crawler? 🤔

Take down those videos and get some dirt on that thing!

Next thing you'll be sitting next to mud hole with a detailed rig bumping a stereo! 😉

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,029 ·
Okay so is this part I point out you are showing video proof you made a "Mall Crawler" and not a rock crawler? 🤔

Take down those videos and get some dirt on that thing!

Next thing you'll be sitting next to mud hole with a detailed rig bumping a stereo! 😉

Tim
LOL No Mall Crawler. I needed to give it a quick test run to make sure I didn't hear or fell any issues before I go to the Adventure Rally in Sand Hollow on the 11th. It feels like it's now ready to hit the rocks hard all next week.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,031 ·

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,037 ·
700 pictures and over a year of exploring and breaking things and then building back better. yeah you'd likely be doing good by now if monetized. Well as long as you aren't boring when talking
It has been an adventure to say the least. The Adventure Rally in Sand Hollow this week should be a good test on how well its built. I plan to just run one day with the event group that will be a very slow 1 trail day so I can see how others rigs react to the rock trails and possible see something I can gain some knowledge on at someone else's misfortune. The other days I plan to hook up with some of the locals to hit the hardest trails possible that they are willing to do or attempt. I should know what limits my Can Am has by end of the week, and hopefully without needing to test out the exo cage too much.

Reactions: GloverXRS

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,039 ·
Extremely windy in Samd Hollow today. Good news I finally found that vibration in the front that has been showing up once in a while. It was a loose inner bolt behind the rotor that held the caliber bracket on. I found it on first turn starting Maze rock trail. I have a temp fix that should get me through the week. I stuck a wrench between the pads and stuffed the caliber up by the radiator. I am on a trip brake system now, and running my spare. Lol
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Black Tread

• Angry
Reactions: R.Snape

·
Premium Member
15,580 Posts
Extremely windy in Samd Hollow today. Good news I finally found that vibration in the front that has been showing up once in a while. It was a loose inner bolt behind the rotor that held the caliber bracket on. I found it on first turn starting Maze rock trail. I have a temp fix that should get me through the week. I stuck a wrench between the pads and stuffed the caliber up by the radiator. I am on a trip brake system now, and running my spare. Lol
View attachment 279992
This is why you can't have nice things 😂 😂 😂

2021 - 2040 of 2135 Posts