Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well I was testing to see what it will and will not do. It would've been better if I had someone else out there in a normal Can Am to see where they cannot follow me threw rather then me to try and find something I cannot go threw, and still not have to walk home. lol
That definitely needs to happen, I'd be interested in seeing how much more your machine can/can't do than a normal built one can do. (By normal built I mean not 3x's the price of a new machine.)

·
Registered
701 Posts
I agree with that. Video makes those rocks looks small but from the drivers seat they looked very big. Next video is almost done uploading. should have it up in 10 min.
LMAO, if I lived out that way I'd go and give it a shot in the lowly Mav Sport, it doesn't bother me to bash into rocks either.

·
Registered
701 Posts
We call that binder twine up here in my parts. And yes I've seen it used in insane ways lol. Like my buddies old Dodge Shadow back in the 90's. Shifter linkage broke and was wrapped all up in the twine. Lasted for like 2 years actually lol.
It really is a great tool, I use it all the time and have a roll in my tool bag that goes in the sxs just in case.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I should be good after I get it all back together. I know know what it takes to break a lot of things, and how I need to drive it to avoid breaking most of the time until I make a mistake.
I wouldn’t take that bet lol. It’s cool that you threw all the money and every part available at this thing but don’t you wish just a little bit that you would have tried it out at least a little stock just to see how capable the machine was?

·
Registered
701 Posts
At least if you were breaking stock parts 1st you could blame it on the parts, now it’s just showing a lack of talent or common sense.

Eventually those great to work with companies are going to tell you to pound sand or hire you as the product tester.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I didn't want a Rock Bouncer Or I would have bought one. I will not be bouncing up any of those steep rock cliffs while using the roll cage all the time. If I wanted a Rock Bouncer I could have bought a great used one for way less $ But that is not what I wanted to have. I do love watching those Rock Bouncers and they are awesome, I built what I wanted to have and nothing else.
Congrats, glad you got exactly what you wanted. Hopefully you can figure out where it works the best.

·
Registered
701 Posts
They have a trick to be able to do that. Keep weight down on everything they can, and have a helping crew to keep everything in Harmony . My ride is add everything you can that makes it super heavy. They run the smallest tire they can get away with to make it faster in the high speed parts of the coarse. My ride isn't made to have a high speed and I wont be winning any timed events. How many of them Blown budget crews have a Ice chest full, two fuel tanks, Heater, AC, Full stereo system? Mine is built to play and enjoy not to keep up with anyone racing. My rides weight changes everything, and puts a lot more stress on normal parts that would hold up.
Yeah the trick is they have seat time and can drive. They tried the dumb ass portal deal and figured out it doesn’t work for rock crawling.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts